The reason why my life rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reason why my life rules

Basically, it's very simple. Well, to be more precise if you're saying basically, you are going to put it in simple terms, making the issue itself simple, which kind of fights the idea of complex problems and their existance. Or what is the way to measure it, our capability to extract and crunch numbers, information, abstractions? What if we had like new tools? Now we have mathematics, we have all these tools, these abstracts, what if we got new tools? It's like the drug argument, why are we arguing if pot should be legal? Why aren't we arguing to get new drugs, better and more exciting drugs? Ones that instead of makes you hallucinate, causing a disturbance in your balance of chemicals inside the interpreter box that you call your own individual and special self, what if ... and what if we are really predisposed to these things? What if most of it is actually constructed, I mean there are brain scientists saying today, that some of our traits are programmed into our boxes, it's not all about experiences, but it's more like experiences on top of that preprogrammed box, that confirms or discards, who knows... where was I?

New drugs! Yes. So instead of having these... like MDMA, feeling of love, warmth, lust.... or LSD, hallucination and other psychedelics, or amphematine, feeling of rush, tightness and all this stuff, or pure euphoria, or what have we. Why are we arguing about the legality of those, why not invent new drugs? So how is it supposed to make you feel? Who knows man, what do you want? Is your box capped into realizing only those few feelings and states of thought? ****, that's like 5 out of ... what? a hundred? millions? Is it infinite? Is the number of different feelings infinite? Maybe we are so limited, that we are only capable of recognizing few distinct feelings and the variations and levels within, but that's poor. What about the feeling of Rrr'dukh? That's the coolest I bet. But I don't know what it is! I have no concept of that feeling.

So yeah, back to concepts, what if we had new tools, new abstractions? We would see our boxes are very limited, and since we realize this, then we know the potential must be even bigger, because we are so limited as to not even realize our true potential. We aren't capable of knowing it, but we can push the envelope, so I say let's invent new drugs, let's come up with new tools, new abstractions, new ways of thinking, living, creating, feeling, doing and so forth. But in order to do that, we have to know ourselves first. We can't reflect and define ourselves by "recieving" repeated information. That's not reflection. We need to be scientists, anthropologists and philosophers of ourselves. No one can tell you who you are. ****, they probably don't know who they are, so they're just repeating information they heard from someone else, where does that information come from? I'm not talking about epistemology, or even ontology, I'm simply saying we don't know **** and we need to start from looking into ourselves, each of us, individually, and THEN together, and into each other.

Because we all think we're right anyway, and the rest are sort of aligned with our train of thought or simply wrong or more liberally, having their own train of thought. Well we have to postulate a new set of truths that there is no truth, or that we are incapable of realizing it if there was one, which is sort of like dividing with zero anyway. And then we think that oh well our trains of thought are really free flowing, and we choose and berry pick from those, based on our values, taught at home and in our society, like church, school, popular culture even, peers... well how ****ing stupid is that? Yeah, might be so. But how do we know? This is like the first dimension of the nth of who knows how many.

So... basically, it is all very simple. Such is the reality for me, and in that reality, my life freaking rules. I'm glad you're jumping in with me, because I wanted to say my life rules. I got a great job, the pay sucks ass, but I like doing it. So hey, can't complain, it makes me happy, that's all that really counts. Plus, I've got an awesome woman, who is moving in with me during the next 6 months. We are looking at places to buy, and we found few excellent ones, so we're very happy. SO my life rules. What more do I want? Nothing really. So have I accomplished it all and thus become unhappy as a result? No. I just read books, more weird books, sit on my comfortable chair, drink my tea, hang around naked and have lots of sex. Thus, my life rules.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Just keep smiling and edge away.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

It's easy. I mean I just realized my racism has problems. Because I don't like gypsies.

I have this American colleague, and he's really cool. I was thinking that next time I prefer to have an American as well because they're easy to work with. They work hard, they're very polite and social, so it's easy going. I really really like that.

But then again, I realized that I could work with Scandinavians as well. I get along with Scandinavians. They're also hard workers. It is also easy to establish social rhythm with them because I'm one as well (in a way). Then I realized well what about Germans? Or other Europeans? No problem. What about Indians? No problem. What about Asians? No problem. What about Africans? Well, if they got this job and they're a colleague of mine, they have to be good so no problem. Then I realized well, I actually have no racial preference. I don't care. They're probably hard working people, it doesn't matter where they come from.

So then. What's the problem? There is no problem. Cultural settings, who cares, it's the "we all think ours is best" type of a thing. Granted, that I feel more comfortable in my own culture, or in generally Western culture, because I fit in, I know what to do and how to interpret situation. The rule of expectation applies, that is there are no big unknowns, I know what to expect socially and we can find the rhythm, get along and get to know each other easier.

But what about Asian culture? I find them fascinating. A big exotic, but fascinating. Would be nice to get into one for a longer period of time.

Well then what about other cultures? Sure!

Except for gypsies. Then again they don't work so I don't have to use my veto.

Thus my life rules. I guess that makes me a racist though. But at least my scope is small. And I'm open about it. Are you a gypsie? I don't like you. You can be cool you know, you're probably a nice person, but I'm a racist. So **** off.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

So just exactly how many times have you tuned in, tuned out and turned on
          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Pekka, you would make an excellent Bureaucrat.

Comment

It seems Pekka wordsmithing allows the reader to skip to the last paragraph if they think it's tldr... the last one usually has the point in it.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Are you a gypsie?

Somewhere between 1/8 and a quarter Roma as far as I've bothered to establish, yes.

Got a problem with that?
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                X