• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nazis where.... right?!?

I just learned something new.

The Nazis where apparently environmentalists and
    concerned with animal rights.

A law imposing total ban on vivisection was enacted in August 16, 1933, by Hermann Göring as the prime minister of Prussia.[11] He announced to end the "unbearable torture and suffering in animal experiments" and told that those who "still think they can continue to treat animals as inanimate property" will be sent to concentration camps.
    Goering also banned commercial animal trapping, imposed severe restrictions on hunting, and regulated the shoeing of horses. He imposed regulations even on the boiling of lobsters and crabs. In one incident, he sent a fisherman to concentration camp[12] for cutting up a bait frog.[10]
    Nazi Germany was the first country to ban vivisection.

The animal protection laws made by the Nazis were the strictest in the history. Conservation zones were established all over the country for the protection of endangered species. Lithuania and major parts of Ukraine were outlined for afforestation into their natural state as soon as their population was destroyed. Nazi Germany was the first in the world to place the wolf under protection.
    he views of Nazi Germany on protection of animals often came up within some far right-wing political parties.[18] Support for animal welfare is seen among neo-fascists[26] and many have observed there are affinities between neo-fascism and some ecocentric ideas.[27] There has been the Green Nazi phenomenon in the United States. The famous speech by Hermann Göring on prohibition of vivisection is found on some neo-Nazi websites.[18] The Nazi efforts on animal protection have some influence on Finnish radical deep ecologist Pentti Linkola

Suddenly I feel a bit concerned by some of my fellow environmentalists calls for reducing the human population for the Earth's sake.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

don't worry few nukes in the name of oil/Kashmir/Crimea or other + Krsko will sort population problems anyhow...
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Pentti Linkola has something of a celebrity status in Finland because of his lifestyle and views, but is way too much of a crackpot to actually be taken seriously by most people, including the Green Party...

Comment

Re: The Nazis where.... right?!?

Originally posted by Heraclitus
        Suddenly I feel a bit concerned by some of my fellow environmentalists calls for reducing the human population for the Earth's sake.
        Sure, because 10 billion people inhabiting the earth would be great for everyone.
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: Re: The Nazis where.... right?!?

Originally posted by Kidicious

Sure, because 10 billion people inhabiting the earth would be great for everyone.
          If it doesn't go beyond 10 yes it would.

Just divide it properly:
          Europe 1,5 (currently 0,75)
          N. America 1,5 (currently 0,5)
          South America 0,75 (currently 0,35)
          Africa 1,15 (currently 0,8)
          Australia 0,1

That's 5 billion not in Asia, meaning there would need to be 5 billion people in Asia. That is just a billion more than today.

Actually UN demographic projections point to a mere 9 billion people in 2050. And a slump in growth after that.

Off course my proposal assumes Europeans and USAians don't mind accepting a billion Asians & Africans.
          Especially parts of the US, Canda and Eastern Europe are more than capable of absorbing and supporting that many people.

For example more than 50% of my country is forest and due to urbanization (and the abandonment of villages) that increases slightly every year.

In line with population projections, this figure continues to grow at rates that were unprecedented before the 20th century, although the rate of growth has almost halved since its peak of 2.2% per year, which was reached in 1963.
          The United Nations states that population growth is rapidly declining due to the demographic transition. The world population is expected to peak at 9.22 billion in 2075.
          I know old people have a hard time adjusting to new ideas. But overpopulation isn't in my future.
          Last edited by Heraclitus; September 18, 2008, 06:56.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

In any case did you miss how the Nazis where going to go about that goal? "depopulating" the Ukraine?

Comment

They were ultra right.
              Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                They were ultra right.

I'm surprised you are the first one who posted that.

Comment

What most people don't know is that the world's population will never double again, the problem of the 22nd century will be underpopulation not overpopulation.

Comment

I'm surprised you are the first one who posted that.
                    Glad to be of servie, Sirrr
                    Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                      They were ultra right.

Beaten me to it.
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

I suppose when you have a plentiful supply of Jews to experiment upon, you feel a bit bad about the cuddly widdle aminals...

Comment

Re: Re: Re: The Nazis where.... right?!?

If it doesn't go beyond 10 yes it would.
                          There's already too many people.

Comment

Kid hates Asians, Hispanics, Muslims and Africans
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                              Kid hates Asians, Hispanics, Muslims and Africans
                              I have no feelings towards people who don't exist, regardless of their race.

Comment

Working...
                              X