I need YOUR help! Examples of lies by Republicans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patroklos
    He used the entire (i), unless you mean repeating, and since when does repeating truth make it a lie?
    A, B, and C are the items listed. (i) was clearly a subset of A, along with (a). Using (i) and (a) may have been a mistake on Z's part, (i) and (ii) was probably what he meant. (Or at least how I would expect it to be formatted.) It's possible (a) was a subset of (i), but it doesn't seem to work that way. In any case, (i) and (a) are subsets of A, and that is obvious from the formatting. Pretending that (i) stands alone as an item is a good example of either incompetence, or dishonesty. I'll let you decide which it is in your case.

Also Z wasn't necessarily even claiming the items were lies. (Though he has since clarified on that issue.) The thread asks for "lies, dishonest, unethical or illegal things", and "incompetence" was later added as well. Pretending like every example offered must be a "lie" is another example of either incompetence, or dishonesty.

This is perhaps the most on-topic thread ever

Comment

(i) is true.
      (ii) is true.
      Saying (i) & (ii) together gives a false impression.

Comment

Arnold's Swartenegger's promise to self finance and to never take political contributions .... shortly before acception more contributions than anyone in history except for George W. Bush.

Comment

One could have used an "AND" or "&" instead of a semicolon if you wanted them to go together.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Fortunately McCain never made that claim in his ad, so McCain .

One must read Sec 27-9.1.(a) which includes, "Each class or course in comprehensive sex education offered in any of grades K through 12 shall include instruction on the prevention of sexually transmitted infections, including the prevention, transmission and spread of HIV. "

It was originally 6 through 12, but they made it K.

I work for the federal government investigating pension plans. Every mention in plan documents of "shall", we treat as a mandate (Plans aren't required to have employer matching contributions, but if the plan says the sponsor shall do so, then we treat it as mandatory).

It seems that obviously someone though that teaching about sexually transmitted infections, like HIV, was age appropriate for Kindergartners.
              Disingenous

No kindergarteners are given a course in "comprehensive sex ed." If you can find a counterexample in the IL school system, I'd love to see it.

What the legislation says is, if such a course is taught in the school system, it should include instruction on STD's. Which it should.
              "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
              -Bokonon

Comment

Working...
              X