Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's time to kick Arnold in the nutz!

Link

For 2 1/2 months, Cahlifoornya has been without a budget. A record, even for us. At just after midnight, the Legislature finally agreed on a compromise. Yes, it's a lousy compromise, but it's a budget!

This afternoon, Swartzeneger announced he's going to veto it.

In other California news: A few days back, the Prison Guards union announced that it was starting a petition to recall the governor. The union has been without a contract for two years.

And a good time is had by all.

Sounds like things haven't changed much since I left.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Yeah, he is certainly evil :

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has rejected the budget sent to him hours earlier by the Legislature, criticizing it for failing to meet his reform demands and solving California's persistent fiscal problems.
      Demanding such things are certainly evil
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

This appears to be the first time that the Governator has actually kept to his principles and taken a stand.

Comment

So when Bush says something and sticks by it, condemn him. When this whacko says something though, it's gold?
          Ok, then. I think he should be standing on the side of the road, thumbing for a ride.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Ya, kick a terminator in the nuts. You got a plan B?
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

It's what Palin would do.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                It's what Palin would do.
                "They are cuts that will touch every Californian," says Jean Ross, executive director of the California Budget Project, a left-leaning budget analysis center. "These are deep cuts to education, deep cuts to healthcare, deep cuts to social service programs, deep cuts to public transit."

Some of the biggest whacks include $2.9 billion in K-12 and community college funding and $542 million in public assistance for low-income families, the elderly, and the blind.
                Hey! No new taxes on the wealthy though. As usual the budget is balanced in a way that will do the most harm to people.

Any republican would be proud.

Comment

California has shoot itself in both feet with ballot initiatives long before the Govenator came along. Its almost structurally impossible to fix the states budget. I am disappointed though not surprised he's continued feeding the Prison-Industry in the state and outside of that I'm not to up to speed on California politics.
                  Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    So when Bush says something and sticks by it, condemn him. When this whacko says something though, it's gold?
                    Ok, then. I think he should be standing on the side of the road, thumbing for a ride.
                    there is sticking to a budget and there is sticking to overspending... guess who is who
                    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Arnold: "Vote for me if you want to live."

Comment

He's actually hasn't been as bad as I thought he would be when he first got elected. I thought he would be much more conservative after he reformed workers comp on the backs of workers, and let the big insurance companies make out.

Comment

After all those steroids, he probably doesn't have much in the way of nuts left to kick. Sorry.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                            He's actually hasn't been as bad as I thought he would be when he first got elected.

Of course he isn't. He is from Europe...
                            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

You would need a wrench to deal with Terminator's nuts
                              So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                              Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Working...
                              X