X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the USD still a serious currency?

Just asking.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

No, it has always been a funny currency
    Blah

Comment

Why do Europeans think a weak dollar is a good thing? Do you really want the American export boom to continue?

Comment

It has both pros and cons. But isn't the dollar just a bit stronger again these days?
        Blah

Comment

Yes and hopefully it continues to strengthen. I worry that the latest round of investment bank failures may weaken it again, however.

Comment

It's good if you want to vacation in the U.S.

A weak dollar is good for China also. Since the Yuan is pegged to the dollar, it means that China's goods are cheaper around the world also. But please, go a head and float your currency. I want our debt to China to drop.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The new five is ****ing purple. I've lost all respect for my nation's dollar.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Re: Is the USD still a serious currency?

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                Just asking.
                You are about 2 months late with this thread.

Thank you come again.
                DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Well, as long as the Asians keep propping up the US Peso, it will be worth something.
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                    The new five is ****ing purple. I've lost all respect for my nation's dollar.
                    Though as long as Quznos will still give me a sandwich for one, though butt ugly, it still has purpose.
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Quiznos
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Re: Is the USD still a serious currency?

I hope so. That's what the people I work for said.
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

How about this idea, to answer your question.
                          We'll trade wheat for oil, and we'll stop all foreign aid.
                          Now ask your question again.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Stop acting like we're so benevolent, Sloww.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

We'll see how much oil is worth to a country that can't grow food.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X