How To Hire Friends and Lash Foes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    What has Biden done besides time? What has he authored? As a mayor and a governor, teh buck does stop there. In the enate, you can call present, and if you actually vote, it's semi-hidden in the total.
    But go ahead. You make my point, even while thinking you're making your point, DaShi. Carry on, and thanks.
    I didn't say anything about Biden. I asked about why you like Palin and don't like Hillary. It doesn't make sense from any of the statements you've made on this forum.

god, this is fun
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

What has Biden done besides time? What has he authored? As a mayor and a governor, teh buck does stop there. In the enate, you can call present, and if you actually vote, it's semi-hidden in the total.
      But go ahead. You make my point, even while thinking you're making your point, DaShi. Carry on, and thanks.
      So what the **** has McCain done? He hasn't been a governor or mayor either, and being shot down and tortured doesn't qualify as executive experience.

Not that I would expect logical consistency on this issue.

Past experience is no proof of future performance, Just look at the ex-governor of Texas currently in the WH.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Laugh all the way into election day. Just because they're both women? I expected more of you.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Laugh all the way into election day. Just because they're both women? I expected more of you.
          The election results won't change the past.

I pointed out that Palin has a lot of the same traits that you claim to despise Hillary for. Now I'm only asking, why aren't you as troubled by Palin as you were Hillary?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Come on, Sloww. Even a Texan should be able to grasp this.
            "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

While he didn't author it, he was a major proponent of the bankruptcy act of 2005.

Comment

Ah, I stumped him.
                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                  Ah, I stumped him.
                  All that matters is the (R).

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel
                    While he didn't author it, he was a major proponent of the bankruptcy act of 2005.
                    I was under the impression that Senator Obama was against that act (or speaks of changing it). If so, not all that good for Senator Biden.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

I was under the impression that Senator Obama was against that act (or speaks of changing it). If so, not all that good for Senator Biden.
                      Yes, of course, a bit of a disconnect there, as that bill (bankruptcy act) would seemingly fly in the face of everything the Obama campaign stands for.

Comment

Heh. Reminds me of the "voodoo economics" thing from Reagan/Bush. Gotta love politicians.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

What has Biden done besides time? What has he authored?

Oh a few minor pieces of legislation. The Violence Against Women Act and the Clinton Crime Bill, for example.

Biden's easily one of the most prolific Senators. McCain, OTOH, has only one major piece of legislation to his name, which is in the process of being gutted by the courts.
                          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                          -Bokonon

Comment

While he didn't author it, he was a major proponent of the bankruptcy act of 2005..

It's home state pork. Everyone in DE is bought by the credit card industry. Of course, so is everyone in the GOP.
                            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                            -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Well, McCain is against earmarks and yet he picked a mayor who hired lobbyists to get more earmarks for some tiny town in the middle of nowhere .
                              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
                              X