X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tuberski
    Keep running the water for a while.

ACK!
    His house will fall into the sinkhole thus created and he will then stink, have no water and no house.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Re: Re: Re: A great dillema

Originally posted by Heresson

Sometimes the ground is red, and thus, if there's a hole in the pipes and the soil (or possibly crust) mix with the water, it becomes red.
      Or, far more likely, you let the hot water sit for a few days. The red is rust from the inside of the pipe.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Go and take a shower at your landlord's.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I blame the allies in '45 for not honoring their alliance agreement with Poland and kicking out the other invader in '39, the Soviet Union. If the allies had lived up to their alliance, Poland would have been freed in '45 and their economy would be like western europe, not like Mongolia, and the water would clean for Heresson's shower.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: A great dillema

Or, far more likely, you let the hot water sit for a few days. The red is rust from the inside of the pipe.

Iron pipes?
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

They probably use that in the less developed parts of the world.
              Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
              I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
              Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm going to visit these people with a Maglite and claim to be the God of Light.
                The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer

His house will fall into the sinkhole thus created and he will then stink, have no water and no house.
                  sinkhole or stinkhole?
                  APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Re: Re: A great dillema

Originally posted by Sandman

There's something beautiful about these lines. Become a poet.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                      I blame the allies in '45 for not honoring their alliance agreement with Poland and kicking out the other invader in '39, the Soviet Union. If the allies had lived up to their alliance, Poland would have been freed in '45 and their economy would be like western europe, not like Mongolia, and the water would clean for Heresson's shower.

ACK!
                      I bathe DAILY
                      "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                      I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                      Middle East!

Comment

Re: A great dillema

Originally posted by Heresson
                        I am dirty and I have to take a shower.
                        Yet, the water in my taps used to be red. Now it is not red, but it stinks horribly.
                        What should I chose? My own dirty smell, or the smell of this water?
                        I think you need to get a plumber in...oh wait, they're all in Britain
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

btw, I used to make poems. Like this one:

I glupi i durny znow
                          tych dawnych niepomny zdarzen
                          od cudzych i obcych snow
                          do wlasnych powracam marzen

and so again, dumb and foolish,
                          neglecting the past events,
                          I desert someone else's dreams
                          and come back to my own ones

I used to write that when I was 18-19. Please note the effort made: not only are there rhymes, but there's rythme:

* @* * @* *
                          * @* *@* @*
                          * @* * @* *
                          * @* *@* @*

Of course, it's not perfect, but almost. The rythme stays the same.
                          * - normal syllabe except for 1-syllabe words
                          @ - accented syllabe
                          I may be wrong though, because there are enclitics or whatever, not-accented syllabes that nominally should be accented, but it's higher magic level of polish language and I'm skipping it. General rule is that unless it is 1-syllabe word or a foreign loanword, the accent goes on the second syllabe from the end.

this is a very short poem, but I like it. It took me just a couple of minutes coming back from church to make it.
                          Middle East!

Comment

I never knew you were a Vulgon!

Comment

It's Vogon, diphole.
                              APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

why would that poem make me Vogan?
                                Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                                X