Fun in the ME #1624385: Israel 'could kidnap Ahmadinejad'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun in the ME #1624385: Israel 'could kidnap Ahmadinejad'

An Israeli cabinet minister has suggested Israel could kidnap Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad over threats he has made against the state.

Ex-secret agent Rafi Eitan was involved in the abduction of Nazi war criminal Adolf Eichmann in Argentina in 1960.

He told German magazine Der Spiegel that such operations were not completely a thing of the past.

The Iranian leader has made a number of threats against Israel - he recently predicted that it would soon disappear.

Mr Ahmadinejad has also quoted the view of the late Iranian spiritual leader, Ayatollah Khomenei, that Israel was a tumour that needed to be erased from history.

'All options open'

Mr Eitan, a member of Israel's inner cabinet of ministers with security responsibilities, said he was expressing his personal opinion in raising the abduction option.

The former Mossad agent said the Iranian leader had threatened genocide and should therefore be brought for trial to The Hague, seat of the international war crimes tribunal.

"And all options are open in terms of how he should be brought," he was quoted as saying on Tuesday by the Associated Press news agency.

Asked if kidnapping was acceptable, Mr Eitan replied: "Yes. Any way to bring him for trial in The Hague is a possibility."

Mr Eitan helped kidnap Eichmann from Argentina and brought him to Israel, where he was tried and executed for his part in Adolf Hitler's plan to wipe out European Jewry.

Mr Eitan later headed a defence ministry unit that recruited Jewish-American naval analyst Jonathan Pollard, who was jailed for life in the US after being caught spying for Israel in 1985.
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Personally I think the story is weird, and kidnapping him doesn't solve real probs anyway. But maybe they replace him with a pro-Israeli double, that could be really something
    Blah

Re: Fun in the ME #1624385: Israel 'could kidnap Ahmadinejad'

Originally posted by BeBro

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Personally I think the story is weird, and kidnapping him doesn't solve real probs anyway. But maybe they replace him with a pro-Israeli double, that could be really something
    BeBro, you naive fool. Don't you know the ZOG controls Iran anyway?
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

If they're going to kidnap him, they should be a tad more subtle. LIKE NOT TELLING THE MEDIA ABOUT IT.

But if they do it, they shouldn't send him to the Hague, they should just have him dissappear never to be heard from again. It will give the next raving idiot that replaces him something to think about.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

They seem to be confusing Ahmadinejad with someone who has actual power.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The former Mossad agent said the Iranian leader had threatened genocide and should therefore be brought for trial to The Hague, seat of the international war crimes tribunal.

If he hasn't done anything, what exactly is the Hague going to do?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well, he did wave his naughty bits in your general direction
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

If he hasn't done anything, what exactly is the Hague going to do?
              Just as curiously, why is he trying to open that can of worms? Plenty of war crime accusations have been flung at Israel as well.
              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Re: Fun in the ME #1624385: Israel 'could kidnap Ahmadinejad'

I hope they don't do that. Certain things, sure. Not kidnapping him.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Kidnapping Ahmadinnerjacket would be a bad idea. Israel would start a war by that, and not just with Iran, with the whole Muslim Middle East. That's not something American occupation force in Iraq wants to end up in the middle of.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

onodera, I certainly agree.
                    Disappear, as was suggested, is one thing. Having the trail lead directly to the source, bad idea.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

A spectacularly stupendously moronic idea, and comparing Ahmadinejad to Eichmann (who was a wanted war criminal when captured) is as moronic as comparing Israel to Nazi Germany. Anyone who thinks this would ever approach the level of even dumb idea needs their head examined.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

What about comparing Israel to Iowa?

Comment

I dissagree Gepap. If they could get away with it without being caught it would put the fear of a different god in them. (of course since this has been in the news I doubt it would fool anybody)

If you stand up and spew the garbage this man has, I think you're a fair target. Yes, this is an extreme case but he has spewed a lot of extreme things.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Uh... rah, you do realize that kidnapping a President would be BEYOND a declaration of war, right? And it'd be a type of situation where the US couldn't back Israel, even if all its neighbors decide to declare.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                              I dissagree Gepap. If they could get away with it without being caught it would put the fear of a different god in them. (of course since this has been in the news I doubt it would fool anybody)

If you stand up and spew the garbage this man has, I think you're a fair target. Yes, this is an extreme case but he has spewed a lot of extreme things.
                              1. Spewing stupid statements IS NOT A CRIME in any sense of the word. If Israel were to do this, it makes Israel the criminal entity, not the Iranians.

2. A sitting head of government is something totally different from a recognized war criminal living as a private citizen trying to hide. not only would the diffciulty involved be many times greater, but in Eichmann's case there was little reprecussion. The reprecussions to Israel and more importantly, to the US, would be massive.

3. It would make Ahmadinejad even more popular than he is. It would legitimize many of the things he says (like calling Israel a criminal state, which it would be if it authorized the kidnapping of foreign elected leaders in foreign soil) not only in Iran, but throught the whole Middle East.

4. It would open up Israeli and American citizens to retaliation worldwide.

5. The Iranian leadership is large enough that there would be plenty of replacements, and no, I don't think such an act would strike fear into the Iranians enough to moderate any of their actions, and their words would only become more strident, and gain a wider audience.

So no, i don't see how this is even remotely wise. Oh, and if making stupid statements makes one a valid target, I guess many members of Israel's cabinet would make valid targets, like this imbecile.
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X