The US should join the Commonwealth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The US should join the Commonwealth

This American Revolution thing is overrated and the presidential races every 4 years are soo tiring and contribute very little to the democratic process.

Americans should have a PM and should recognize Queen Elizabeth the Second as their formal head of state becoming a
    Commonwealth realm.

Dosen't she look regal? Come on you know you want to have a British king/queen again. Heck after 4 years of W who wouldn't!

If that independent streak is too strong you would still do well by becoming a Commonwealth Republic like India and African banan states.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Your ideas for new thread topics appear increasingly desperate.

Comment

Are you kidding? We can hardly stand presidents for 4 or 8 years. Anything more and the guillotine would be put to use.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
        We can hardly stand presidents for 4 or 8 years. Anything more and the guillotine would be put to use.
        Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
          Are you kidding? We can hardly stand presidents for 4 or 8 years. Anything more and the guillotine would be put to use.
          Canucs and Aussies barley notice her, more than you can say of your Presidents.
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Actually I've considered a US/UK reunion a good idea for years. The royalty would have to be a provincial thing 'over there', we've got Britney for the same function. The upside for the US would be...hmm, I'll get back to you on that. The upside for the Brits would be not being in a union with the French.

Reunion.
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I too thought we should have a QUEEN

I think we could all get behind a Queen
              Attached Files
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Isn't the U.S. joining the Commonwealth somewhat like a guppie swallowing a whale?

Now, I could understand if, it the U.K. wanted to become part of the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                  Isn't the U.S. joining the Commonwealth somewhat like a guppie swallowing a whale?

Now, I could understand if, it the U.K. wanted to become part of the U.S.
                  I thought we settled this

I mean, the other shoe dropping with us drinking real beer, cold instead of warm commode taste engrish beer should have been the clue
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                  X