Canadian aggressors microwave cat.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian aggressors microwave cat.

A couple of Canadian teens broke into a house, trashed the place, and then microwaved the family's cat. Of course this happened in Alberta and the judge only gave them probation.

Canadian Teens Convicted for Microwaving Family's Cat as Christmas 'Gift'

Friday, September 05, 2008

Two Canadian teens were handed a year’s probation for trashing a home while the owners were on vacation, and leaving behind a nasty present, according to the Globe and Mail.

Among the $10,000 in damages was writing scrawled on the kitchen window and cabinets: "You had a nice cat" and "it's in the microwave."

Princess, the cat, "was screaming in the microwave for 10 minutes while it was essentially cooked to death," Prosecutor John Laluk reportedly told the court.

The two 16-year-old boys from Camrose, Alberta, pleaded guilty to breaking and entering, theft and causing pain to an animal. Both were sentenced to 100 hours of community service and one had to give up his family dog, the newspaper reported.

Outside the court Thursday, protesters carried signs demanding "Justice for Princess." Three others are facing charges in relation to the crime.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

I can't possibly imagine why so many criminals become repeat offenders, can you?
    -rmsharpe

Comment

The US has much harsher sentencing laws yet some how Canada has both a lower crime rate and a lower recidivism rate.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Let's see how they'd like it, huh? Put them in microwave!

A bit harsh, but they'd only be an example. Besides, the less teens, the better.
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

September 3, 2008:

Ohio mom spared death penalty for microwaving baby

An Ohio jury has spared the life of a woman who killed her infant daughter by microwaving her.

The jury told the judge Wednesday that it couldn't agree on whether to recommend the death penalty or life in prison for 28-year-old China Arnold.

Arnold now could spend between 25 years and the rest of her life in prison, depending on what Montgomery County Judge Mary Wiseman decides.

The defense had argued that Arnold was drunk when the crime occurred and that she had no motive. Prosecutors called the crime "heinous."

Arnold was convicted Friday of aggravated murder for killing daughter Paris Talley in 2005.

(source: Associated Press)

Comment

Re: Canadian aggressors microwave cat.

Originally posted by Oerdin
            A couple of Canadian teens broke into a house, trashed the place, and then microwaved the family's cat. Of course this happened in Alberta and the judge only gave them probation.
            The article clearly says 100 hours of community service as well.

And there was a thread on this months ago. If you're pretending to be a hipster, you should stay up to date.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
              The US has much harsher sentencing laws yet some how Canada has both a lower crime rate and a lower recidivism rate.
              Has it ever occurred to you that this doesn't mean lighter sentences are better? It could just be that Americans have a greater tendency to be violent jerks, couldn't it?
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

They microwaved the cat? And they got probation?
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

danish propaganda
                  "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                  I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                  Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                  X