No announcement yet.

RNC 2008: McCain Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, if that's the reason people vote for him, that's pretty weak.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

McCain's acceptance speech drew more viewers than Obama's. In fact, more viewers than any nomination acceptance speech ever did.

Comment

It isn't the reason I want to vote for him.

But it is a valid reason, you are right, not very strong.

But none of Lancers reasons were very strong.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
          If people really disliked negative ads, they wouldn't work so well. You (since you work in the ad industry) should know that.
          I think people really dislike negative ads. The problem is that the instincts to which they generally appeal are very strong. So, while someone might find them conciously distasteful, they're appealing on a baser level.
          "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
          "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
          "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
            He's been listening to Bill Cosby too much.
            or maybe Jason Whitlock

@JM -- if you don't see the glaring problems in that paragraph, I got no help for ya.
            The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

He looked lost to me.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
                @JM -- if you don't see the glaring problems in that paragraph, I got no help for ya.
                There are still huge race problems in large parts of the US. If you don't see them where you are, you are either lucky to live in a good part of the nation or blind.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                  If people really disliked negative ads, they wouldn't work so well. You (since you work in the ad industry) should know that.
                  No, that's Ming that's in the AD industry. I'm in market research. (really IT and data is data)
                  I really do dislike neg ads and have changed my vote when I was particularly offended. Unfortunately I'm not in the majority.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

There are still huge race problems in large parts of the US. If you don't see them where you are, you are either lucky to live in a good part of the nation or blind.

JM
                    Of course there are huge race problems in the US. Lancer's post brilliantly illustrates them...
                    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

So you would agree that Lancer's perspective is a common one, and needs changing?

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Wtf are you guys on about?
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini

uh, WTF it that?
                          Good things about Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                            McCain/Palin, they are anti corruption. I loved the line in McCain speech where he said that if pork got to his desk he would veto it, and that "you will know their names" refering to whoever put the pork in the bill.
                            It would be even better if the Prez had a line-item veto so he could carry through on this promise without having to veto the entire federal budget.

But so far, the only one calling for a line-item veto has been SlowwHand. And the more I think about it, the more I like Sloww's idea.

Comment

I'm for it these many years. Save a ton of $.

Comment

The thing is, we'd need a Constitutional amendment. The current Constitution only lets the Prez sign or veto a bill, but not do both to the same bill.

Comment

Working...
                                X