Here's some more genius for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's some more genius for you

In a speech to graduating Assembly of God ministry students Sarah Palin reveals her true colors.

More energy development in Alaska? "God's will"

Invading Iraq? "a task from God."

So she thinks that God told George Bush to lie to the world in order to convince the US and its allies to invade Iraq to remove non-existant WMDs? I wonder what little adventures her warped version of the Almighty is cooking up for us in the future? On to Tehran? On to Moscow?
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Any moderate republican has to tell me: are you going to vote for this ticket ?

You won't be able to hide after the "i vote republican for the values not for the politicians" theme again...
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

The GOP faithful will eat that up. They love people who talk to little voices in their heads while the rest of us are scared ****less of those wackos.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Great. Just what America needs, another raving whack-job in the White House.
        Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
        I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by Thoth
          Great. Just what the world needs, another raving whack-job in the White House.
          Fixed.

Comment

Thanks.
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Yeah, it's amazing to think people with this kind of mindset exist in a First-world nation. Anyone who believes god speaks to them should be thrown in a mental institution.

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis
                Any moderate republican has to tell me: are you going to vote for this ticket ?
                I probably am. McCain picked Palin because she's an inspirational speaker and gets the base energized.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

At the end of the day, though, I think the choice will prove fatal. McCain was already polling at around 85% with Republicans before the pick anyway (better than Obama polls with Dems). He needs to steal moderates in key swing states in order to win this thing. Palin, surrounded by all these wonderful soundbytes, is not going to help him do that.
                  "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                  "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                  "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

According to Nicole Wallace of the McCain campaign, the American people don't care whether Sarah Palin can answer specific questions about foreign and domestic policy. According to Wallace -- in an appearance I did with her this morning on Joe Scarborough's show -- the American people will learn all they need to know (and all they deserve to know) from Palin's scripted speeches and choreographed appearances on the campaign trail and in campaign ads. Here's the exchange:

Wallace's bash-the-media exercise has its merits as a campaign tactic. It certainly rallies the base. But the base won't lift McCain to 50% in November. More importantly, in her smug dismissal of the media's role in asking questions of the candidates, Wallace was really showing contempt not for reporters, but for voters. I bet there are a lot of undecided voters out there who were intrigued by Sarah Palin last night, but who don't yet know enough about her -- what she believes, what she knows -- to be comfortable with the idea of her as vice president of the United States. It's important to them to know if Palin can handle herself in an environment that isn't controlled and sanitized by campaign image makers and message mavens. Maybe she can, maybe she can't. As far as Wallace is concerned, it's none of their -- or your -- business.
                    Breaking news and analysis from TIME.com. Politics, world news, photos, video, tech reviews, health, science and entertainment news.

It really says something about McCain's confidence in Palin that they're holding off on any interviews indefinitely...
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

No surprise, really. They need to keep her from bellyflopping, certainly up until the debates. The last thing the campaign needs at this point is to give up some ridiculous gaffe in an interview that Joe Biden can use to kill her in the debate.
                      "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                      "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Re: Here's some more genius for you

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

In a speech to graduating Assembly of God ministry students Sarah Palin reveals her true colors.

More energy development in Alaska? "God's will"

Invading Iraq? "a task from God."

So she thinks that God told George Bush to lie to the world in order to convince the US and its allies to invade Iraq to remove non-existant WMDs? I wonder what little adventures her warped version of the Almighty is cooking up for us in the future? On to Tehran? On to Moscow?
                        I am shocked, shocked that she would discuss God in front of divinity students.

Comment

Re: Re: Here's some more genius for you

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Yeah
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Re: Re: Here's some more genius for you

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Methinks you miss the point.
                            The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Here's some more genius for you

Originally posted by snoopy369

Yeah
                              There's discussing god and then there's saying that god gave the OK to rape the planet and bomb the **** out of a foreign country.

Comment

Working...
                              X