Need help with commercial RE purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with commercial RE purchase

Does anyone here know anything about real estate negotiations?

I talked to someone about a property for a restaurant. The land and building are $600,000, give or take. So I agreed to meet him next week and "hammer out a plan" for the lot.

I know absolutely nothing about these things and this guy sells property for a living. I'd like to come out of this with my shirt and shoes. The one thing going in my favor (2 actually) is I know he's been sitting on this for over a year and his last deal fell through. He also wants an inclusion to buy back the property in case an adjacent lot sells and the buyer wants this lot also (obviously we'll be compensated), but the back lot has bad visibility so I don't think that's a problem.

If anyone has any advice I'm willing to listen. And yes I'm serious.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Yeah, I know someone who knows all about it. Why don't you give him a call? He goes by the name of DAD.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I am plannig to talk to him and mom about it, since she was a RE agent.

I figured I'd troll for advice here beforehand.
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Snuggles
          Yeah, I know someone who knows all about it. Why don't you give him a call? He goes by the name of DAD.
          The dangers of posting on a site with family...
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Is this for your own Papa Johns or are you gonna be a tool and open another store for your baby mama?
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I'm voting tool.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I'd want a sliding buy back deal to take into account any improvements or investment you make into your portion.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I really enjoyed RE4.

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                    I'd want a sliding buy back deal to take into account any improvements or investment you make into your portion.
                    I don't know what sliding buy back means, but yeah if there's any improvements made we'd be compensated for those, plus an additional amount.

As for my 'tool' status, if something can benefit my daughter directly or indirectly I'll at least look into it. The rest momma can do herself. This is to relocate, not open a new store and work for her(god forbid).

Comment

Comment

Listen Theben, seriously this is what you do.

Offer him $400,000 and no clauses about the other lot, take it or leave it. You don't want the potential of losing the place hanging over your head.

He can ask for the moon, you can offer dirt. That's RE.

Furthermore, keep looking. Something better being sold by someone more desperate will likely come along. It's a buyers market.

Never be in a rush. Tell him you'll get back to him while looking so unenthusiastic...opppss, gotta run.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

nm

Comment

why r you looking at commercial real estate? Res real estate is hard enough to figure out. Back out while u still have the shirt on ur back.

Comment

Chez Snuggles is right. Particularly when it comes to restaurants. There's an old saying, the guy that builds a restaurant loses his ass. The guy that buys it breaks even, the guy that buys it from him finally makes money. In other words, the price just keeps dropping. That's not a bad thing as long as you are the third guy.
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                              X