Why is it that...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it that...

On my desktop I can't access Poly but on my wife's laptop I can?

I figured I might have an anti Poly virus, I can go anywhere else, so I reformatted my hard drive and reloaded the original cds, but nothing...except I lost all my saved games.

So, what the heck? Someone have the tech ability to figure this?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

You reformatted because a desktop icon didn't work? Is the shortcut pointed to the right place?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Did you put Apolyton on some banned site list and forgot about it?
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        You reformatted because a desktop icon didn't work? Is the shortcut pointed to the right place?
        He's not talking about a shortcut / desktop icon... He's talking about this website...

He reformatted his hard drive because he couldn't access Apolyton. As someone with the 'tech ability' that Lancer is asking about, I have to laugh at the utter pointlessness (and perhaps stupidity) of his actions.

As many people may know by now, Poly seems to have been having some major issues. So the best bet is to just sit tight. Hopefully it'll clear itself up, or one of the admins will fix whatever problem is causing the issues (*hint* MySQL *hint*).

As for your savegames, Lancer. Unless you have them backed up, they're gone.
        Ceeforee v0.1 - The Unofficial Civ 4 Editor -= Something no Civ Modder should ever be without =- Last Updated: 27/03/2009
        "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there's no conspiracy"

Comment

Many problems with Poly last 24 hours

not sure if it has anything to do with it or not Lancer

Me been having problems near a week but not on poly end..only mine
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Lancer reformatted us, is the problem.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

It needed reformatting anyway.I do it every few months to speed things back up and it works. Glad Dolores's comp still works so I can see these replys.

MMC is right, sometimes I can be dumb as a stump.

To the Phils bound...If ever I lose touch with Poly I'll meet you at counterglow or if not there MZO.

Thanks Sloww, GT and Maniac

It took several minutes for the thread to load so I don't see myself posting alot, so see you when things get better.

Sarah Palin, what a great speach, what a gal.

Maybe I'll try one more thread.

Comment

Tell Asher what a gal. He's all foaming at the mouth. I'm not going to to argue with him. Her husband is a blue collar worker. Some don't identify with the concept.

Comment

Hey! My comp can accress Poly! I guess that reformatting worked!

Comment

Tell Asher what a gal. He's all foaming at the mouth. I'm not going to to argue with him. Her husband is a blue collar worker. Some don't identify with the concept.
                    I'm working on an 'Ode to Sarah Palin', don't tell anyone. :winkwink:

Comment

You formatted your hard drive in an attempt to get back onto Poly?
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Right up until they find out that Todd "First Dude" Palin works for foreign oil company BP, taking American oil away from Americans at a time when the Republicans are mindlessly droning, "Drill here, drill now, pay a foreign oil company!"
                        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Excellent. I see our insider is moving into position.

But really, if she became president (which given McCain's age is not out of the question), you'd have a first man called Todd...do you think that is wise? It's so hick
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

It's so hick
                            That's the friggin' POINT, man. That's precisely why Sloww and Lancer, and lots of others, like them. Why do you think they picked her? They're not stupid.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The guy has won 4 "snow machine" (snowmobile?) races in Alaska. In fact they are the longest such races in the world. He's also a commercial fisherman, and that's saying alot in Alsakan waters, and works a blue collar union job related to Alaska's oil somehow. Dunno how. Last and most important he's a good husband and father.

I think he would make a good pres himself. Someone Lincoln could relate to.

Comment

Working...
                              X