Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first Rocky movie ever: Rocky Balboa. Or, what is wrong with people?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Rocky movie ever: Rocky Balboa. Or, what is wrong with people?

I was told this movie was good.

It's ****ing terrible. Awful. Horrendous.

Cliched to the bone. Terrible acting. Predictable. It's a clear vanity project by a washed-up actor, how dare people buy into it.

But, Milo Ventimiglia
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Though I do admit to being sent to maniacal fits of laughter every time in the climatic fight scene the camera cut to his slut in the crowd chanting "COME ON ROCKY! COME ON!" and "WIN IT ROCKY!!!". My God, the cornyness. Off the charts.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Ummmm, who told you Rocky Balboa was a good movie? You should go spit on them.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Yes, spit on me please. The movie was excellent up until the tie at the end. A TIE? KILL THAT MOTHER****ER! AND NOT JUST BECAUSE HE'S BLACK! PUNCH PUNCH PUNCH KNOCK HIM THE **** DOWN ROCKY YOU'RE AN AMERICAN ICON HE'S JUST A SEXY PIECE OF MAN MEAT POSER! WHAT A ****ING CROCK OF **** ENDING! I NEARLY SHAT MY PANTS!

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
          Ummmm, who told you Rocky Balboa was a good movie? You should go spit on them.
          Everyone.

Comment

Fact: Rocky Balboa is the Wii of movies.

Comment

Rocky Balboa was your first Rocky movie? Ugh
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I've never seen any of the Rocky movies.
                Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Rocky I is a classic.

The rest are drivel, unless you LOVE Sly Stalone.
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                    Rocky Balboa was your first Rocky movie? Ugh
                    What can I say, my taste has never steered me wrong until today.

Comment

Let's keep things in perspective, ok? Things that were great at the time of release, mostly, lose some luster over time. What doesn't lose it's luster, but rather, becomes more definitized to individuals with the passing of time, is some old guy, coming back against odds. If you don't appreciate the point now, you will, if you're lucky. You might die tonight.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You might die tonight.

Halfway through the movie, and that was a heart-warming thought.

Comment

Ummm, Sloww, he's talking about the current Rocky movie, not the original one...
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                            Rocky I is a classic.

The rest are drivel, unless you LOVE Sly Stalone.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                              Ummm, Sloww, he's talking about the current Rocky movie, not the original one...
                              Oh. Sorry. Never mind. I'm just over here babbling.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X