Teh mistery of my nostrils

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teh mistery of my nostrils

I went swimming in the sea and it was fun, though the mediterrean water is ridiculously salty. I felt strange in my nose. Later on, hours after getting out of the water, my nostrils continued leaking quite some (sea) water in separate leaks. Where was this water hidden? Paranasal sinuses?
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

you probably got salt in your nose and it was leaching water out of you

go drink some beer, stat!
    Monkey!!!

Comment

I'd say you had a few ccs of saltwater trapped in your sinuses and the turbinates right behind your nose. There's a surprising number of eddies and whorls in the head right behind your nose - I only recently learned that it's not just a tunnel leading straight to your trachea.

(If you've never seen Body Worlds, the plastinated cadaver show, it's well worth it.)
      "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Swimming in the sea is FUN! Never been to the Mediteranean though

Comment

Middle East!

Comment

I doubt it's seawater retained in your nose or sinuses. Probably something in the water irritated the lining of your nose and your nose responded by increasing the secretion of fluids. That's basically your upper respiratory tract's true first line of defense - when something irritates it, it secretes mucous and fluid then you sneeze it out oir swallow it down to the stomach where stomach acid destroys it. Hopefully in a while, once your system flushes the offending agent out of your nose, your nose will return to normal.

I've heard that some parts of the Mediterranean are rather polluted. Where are you swimming?
            "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Fuenigirola, next to the port.
              But I doubt it was this way: these were big leaks, like dropping from my nose suddenly by a serie of drops, not constant, steady thing.
              Middle East!

Comment

Maybe you had contracted a cold before but the symptons only revealed themselves when you came out of the water.
                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Your brain fluid sprang a leak. You might wanna get that fixed.
                  I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                  I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

sori, Ay du ny undarstud.
                    Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                    X