Bob Barr Only Presidential Candidate in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
    The conventions aren't unreasonably late.

I'm not sure why there is a conflict arising right now.
    WTF is wrong with Texas? Aren't the conventions usually at the end of Summer? Did the Texas State Legislature change the law last year or so and really not know the Republican National Convention isn't until NEXT WEEK?

Edit: Just checked Wiki. The DNC and RNC has crept ever-later in the year, though in recent decades it has settled in July-August with a couple of times being the end of August. The last time it was held as early as June was 1936 (DNC) and 1948 (RNC). Texas must have changed their law at some point since 1996.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

changed in 2005,
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Edit: Any particular reason why they did that, that you're aware of Slowwy? Seemed like whatever deadline they had before worked just fine.
        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Texas

Now if all the other states would follow their lead, maybe we would get somewhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
            I'm stunned the major news outlets haven't yet said anything.

I googled "Texas Barr ballot" and found things on Barr's site, on Ron Paul sites, on the Libertarian Party site and on a ton of blogs. But no CNN, no Times, no NBC-ABC-CBS-Fox.

Do they not know? Or don't they know how to spin the story yet?
            I would assume that most press outlets assume that both main parties will be able to bend the law to their will and therefore this will be a non-story because Obama and McCain will be on the ballot.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
              I'm stunned the major news outlets haven't yet said anything.

I googled "Texas Barr ballot" and found things on Barr's site, on Ron Paul sites, on the Libertarian Party site and on a ton of blogs. But no CNN, no Times, no NBC-ABC-CBS-Fox.

Do they not know? Or don't they know how to spin the story yet?
              They always know how to spin the story, the question is if they want to give it any visibility or not.
              Watch this documentary
              Orwell Rolls in His Grave "Could a media system, controlled by a few global corporations with the ability to overwhelm all competing voices, be able to turn lies into truth?..." This chilling documentary film examines the relationship between the media, corporate America, and government. In a country where the "top 1% control 90% of the wealth", the film argues that the media system is nothing but a "subsidiary of corporate America."
              will answer your question and few more you might have later if you still think they are somehow on the side of truth. Also, mainstream media is on the web too, you can't just go on the internets to get away.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                Texas

Now if all the other states would follow their lead, maybe we would get somewhere!
                Big John !!!
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                  I thought the point of a write-in was that you don't HAVE to qualify?
                  You still have to file paperwork and in some cases, get signatures. I know the SP candidate, Brian Moore, is a write-in candidate in Texas.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Working...
                  X