OMG, WOW Um.... I don't know what to say and I need website help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, WOW Um.... I don't know what to say and I need website help

A few weeks ago I went to lunch with my boss and somehow we got on the topic of food and pies and I told her that I loved to bake and wanted to open my own bakery place. (I've mentioned this lots here) Anyway she said well my daughter told me about the Driskill Hotel in Austin, quite famous hotel, that the 1886 resturaunt was having a pie contest. So I looked it up on the internet, got my entry in at 10:58 the deadline night (midnight deadline) and today low and behold I open up my email to this..............

Congratulations – Your Buttermilk Pie has been chosen and you are a finalist in the Driskill Pie Bake-off!

Please read the following for general information about the contest and day-of activities:

Day: Saturday, Aug 30

Where: Driskill Hotel, Victorian Room

When: Set up between 9am – 10am; must be setup by 10am

Judging: 11am – 12pm – must be present in room during the judging

Winner Announcement: 1:30pm

~ Each contestant will be given (1) 6’ table with white linen. Any other props/décor are the responsibility of the finalist

~ Please unload and park with our valet. We will provide complimentary event parking for (1) car per contestant

~ Please bring (2) pies: one for show and one for tasting

~ Recipes will be judged on the following criteria: (1) originality; (2) presentation; (3) use of locally available ingredients;

(4) taste; (5) showmanship

~ The hotel will provide plates, silverware, and name cards for the tables

~ Reminder: no appliances will be provided or allowed for onsite cooking or preparation

**** Don’t forget that the winning recipe will appear on the menu of the 1886 Café & Bakery for one year as the “Signature Driskill Pie”

Well now then

Ok, I'm done with that. I need to get a flipin website built before this. Nothing fancy so how does one go about this.

Awwww damn.......
    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

One more thing, do you know how big Austin is? This is huge and what great exposure. I submitted 5 entries and they picked one. I wonder how many entered.
    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild

Comment

Congrats!

I love cooking, and a great way to work off stress for me from work!

So it looks like you have them made and bring 'em with you..as opposed to making it onsite.

Im not able to help on a website, just commenting on your opportunity!

Who knows sis, maybe this could be parlayed into other recipes, at other restaurants?

Best of fortunes!!

Gramps
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I'm hoping I can use this and any publicity I get off of it to help my struggling pie/catering business get off the ground.

Comment

Have you watched "Pushing Daisies"?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
            I'm hoping I can use this and any publicity I get off of it to help my struggling pie/catering business get off the ground.
            Looking forward to tracking your sucess!

I never been trained other than years of experience and my best buddy, my sweetheart of 23 years guiding me.

I made my first ever fruit pies last week, loved 'em!

I made fried pies with pie pastry cut into pieces and Apple,lemon and blueberry filling

Confectionete sugar on top...

Vrery easy to make..but not something I would do outside of family

Keep us posted, Please!

Gramps
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Congrats Tia, and good luck with the finals.

(sorry can't help you with the web page, but if you need some help eating the pie I'll gladly volunteer. )
              Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
              I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Yes Asher, Love that show. I've have the dream to open up my own pie/bakery shop for a while now I'm hoping this will be my ticket.

Comment

If you sing while baking the pie you are guaranteed to win.

Good luck
                  Quendelie axan!

Comment

I was thinking about that. Coming up with some type of schtick like the singing baker or the pie queen since my last name is Buckingham. Maybe I can even wear a tiara!

Comment

At least you don't have to survive a 16 block gauntlet of crooked cops before you can start your dream bakery.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                      X