Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can the French just...not fly?

Air France 747 slides off Montreal runway; no injuries

An Air France jumbo jet carrying more than 500 passengers and crew slid off a Montreal runway while landing Tuesday night, but there were no injuries, an airport spokeswoman said.

The Boeing 747 arriving at Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport from Paris at about 6 p.m. ET came to a stop with its nose wheel in the grass by the tarmac, Stephanie Lepage said.

"It slid off the runway, but it's a minor situation and the crew members reported that there were no injured passengers," Lepage told CBC News. "We transported all the passengers through the terminal with the passenger transporter vehicle."

There was no apparent damage to the aircraft, most of which sat on its landing gear on the runway. Only the nose landing wheels were off the runway.

Air France released a statement Tuesday night saying it had opened an investigation and is co-operating with local authorities to determine the cause of the incident.

Federal Transportation Safety Board spokesman Julie Leroux said an investigation is underway, but she gave no other details.

An Air France plane skidded off a runway at Toronto's Pearson airport in 2005 and burst into flames. All 297 passengers and 12 crew members survived, suffering only minor injuries after the plane skidded into a ravine.

I wonder if AF is going to sue Montreal now like they sued Toronto after their airplane slid off the runway there.

French can't fly, spread the world.

Yes, the passenger count number in the story is wrong. Liberal arts people such as journalists aren't so good with numbers.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Why is it wrong? It might not be, depending on the configuration:

The 747-400 passenger version can accommodate 416 passengers in a typical three-class layout or 524 passengers in a typical two-class layout.

Comment

Because Air France has only two configurations:

436 (40/396)
      477 (17/460)
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Good research!

Comment

Re: Can the French just...not fly?

Originally posted by Asher

How do you do that ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Bend over and I'll show you.

Comment

Originally posted by ramseya
              Good research!
              If only I was a journalist. I'm a natural.

Comment

journalist for the Gay Times

Comment

Bend over and I'll show you.

Yeah, just what I thougth - you were kinda "distracted" when you wrote that
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'm surrounded by all kinds of stupid artists today. I need to explain quasi-technical things to them and they don't understand.

I'm whiteboarding like a schoolteacher here and they're all gap-mouthed staring.

Comment

Don' Fo'get, Asha! I is 'bout ta be a Marine!

Comment

Re: Can the French just...not fly?

I guess computer-science majors are not good with words.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

You could at least punctuate that sentence correctly...

Comment

Re: Re: Can the French just...not fly?

Originally posted by MrFun

I guess computer-science majors are not good with words.
                            It's the #1 reason for all the bugs in every application ever developed.
                            be free

Comment

I am noting it was yet again an American plane that was involved, just as with the recent Spain crash, the Kyrgyzstan crash and the Sudan hijack.
                              DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Working...
                              X