This Georgia situation may not be all that bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Georgia situation may not be all that bad

At first I didn't like it, but then it dawned to me it's a useful precedent to reunify Brabant, Limburg and Luxemburg under Belgian flag. The Germans would be fine with it because they like reunifications, the English will go along because it would presumably weaken the Dutch football team, we'll promise France we'll beef up French language classes in former Dutch territories, the Italians can be bribed, the Yanks will be too busy fighting the second Crimean war... it can't go wrong really. We just need to hand out passports.
    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Colon™ sighting!

I was beginning to think maybe you'd been split in half by Flemish and Vallonian radicals.

Comment

Re: This Georgia situation may not be all that bad

Originally posted by Colon™
      At first I didn't like it, but then it dawned to me it's a useful precedent to reunify Brabant, Limburg and Luxemburg under Belgian flag. The Germans would be fine with it because they like reunifications, the English will go along because it would presumably weaken the Dutch football team, we'll promise France we'll beef up French language classes in former Dutch territories, the Italians can be bribed, the Yanks will be too busy fighting the second Crimean war... it can't go wrong really. We just need to hand out passports.
      People can't have enough passports, just incase some bigger blob wants to ....errrm.... incorporate them.
      Blah

Comment

"This Georgia situation may not be all that bad"

I've been marching around the house like a pompous *** brushing up on my modding skills. So far I've banned two sofa pillows to the carport for no apparent reason and have reduced the jade plant's water ration by 10%. Teach it to get dusty!

Dolores made me unban the pillows though.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Re: This Georgia situation may not be all that bad

Originally posted by Colon™
          indeed... and while Americans and Russians are busy we could finally annex Slovenia... bring back Trieste, Koruska and add the whole Austria.. after consolidation annex Hungary which would need than to expand to Slovakia and Czechs... add Romania, absorb Balkans and Bulgaria... Turks and Greeks would have to join on the way to restore Ottoman Empire and the empire of Alexander the great... after Africa is conquered Italy, France and Spain will be ready to capitulate... by the time Americans and Russians are finished we make peace with India and agree with Russians that they can can keep the other Caucasian states... I think at that point we are done and the whole Georgian cold war crisis was put to good use
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

No you got it all wrong Slovenia and Serbia divide Croatia and Bosnia amongst themselves.

Then we topple the Italian and Austrian governments installing puppet states and getting all the land we lost back.

Then we invade and split up Serbia between us, the Macedonians and the Albanians.

By then we have already start developing nuclear weapons, people are calling me "the beloved leader" and a treaty of eternal friendship is singed with North Korea.
            Last edited by Heraclitus; August 28, 2008, 06:54.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
              No you got it all wrong Slovenia and Serbia divide Croatia and Bosnia amongst themselves.

Then we topple the Italian and Austrian governments installing puppet states and getting all the land we lost back.

Then we invade and split up Serbia between us, the Macedonians and the Albanians.

By then we have already start developing nuclear weapons, people are calling me "the beloved leader" and a treaty of eternal friendship is singed with North Korea.
              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave

This thread gave me an idea.

Anyone who wants to live out their repressed European nationalist fantasies and is good at diplomacy and can play for 5 min a day follow this link to a post with the right link.
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Well, you know Romania has been giving out Romanian passports to Moldovan citizens .
                  "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                  -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                    "This Georgia situation may not be all that bad"

I've been marching around the house like a pompous *** brushing up on my modding skills. So far I've banned two sofa pillows to the carport for no apparent reason and have reduced the jade plant's water ration by 10%. Teach it to get dusty!

Dolores made me unban the pillows though.
                    It's a good thing too. You'll need them to snuggle up to at night as you're sleeping on the couch because she's learned you let the jade plant die from lack of water.

Comment

Working...
                    X