X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• America Alone: The End of the World as We Know It

Is this worth reading?

“In demographic terms, the salient feature of much of the ‘progressive agenda’ – abortion, gay marriage, endlessly deferred adulthood – is that, whatever the charms of any individual item, cumulatively it’s a literal dead end...In fact, [opposition to Islamization] ought to be the Left’s issue. I’m a social conservative. When the mullahs take over, I’ll grow my beard a little fuller, get a couple of extra wives, and keep my head down. It’s the feminists and the gays who’ll have a tougher time.”
    “If you’re a teenager in most European cities these days, you’ve a choice between two competing identities – a robust confident Islamic identity or a tentative post-nationalist cringingly apologetic European identity. It would be a mistake to assume the former is attractive only to Arabs and North Africans.”
    As Steyn notes, multiculturalism was instituted not to acquaint Westerners with other cultures, but to criticize the West. One effect of multiculturalism has been to absolve students of learning any hard information about other cultures.
    In reality, though, what much of the developed world is going to experience in the next 10 or 20 years is re-primitivization: “The Serbs figured that out – as other Continentals will in the years ahead: if you can’t outbreed the enemy, cull ‘em.”
    Like the quotes.
    Last edited by Heraclitus; August 26, 2008, 07:21.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

What will the mullahs take over?
    Blah

Comment

Hooters and McDonalds.
      I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
        What will the mullahs take over?
        Teh Western world.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Not anytime soon
          Blah

Comment

Re: America Alone: The End of the World as We Know It

Originally posted by Heraclitus
            Is this worth reading?
            No.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I read a bit around, and conluded that the Steyn guy is a nutjob. That's not to say there are no probs related to demographics or radical islam, but he sounds rather hysterical about it. Given that he doesn't seem to have bothered with some higher education, and started as theater critic I question his expertise.
              Blah

Comment

Err... I am opposed to Islam. What an idiot!
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                  I read a bit around, and conluded that the Steyn guy is a nutjob. That's not to say there are no probs related to demographics or radical islam, but he sounds rather hysterical about it. Given that he doesn't seem to have bothered with some higher education, and started as theater critic I question his expertise.
                  Oh, I don't question it. I'm pretty much certain he's got none, just from the bits quoted.
                  1011 1100
                  Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Is this worth reading?

When the mullahs take over...
                    No.

-Arrian
                    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                      Err... I am opposed to Islam. What an idiot!
                      Wow, he was addressing you specifically?
                      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

And why are you generally opposed to such a harmless thing as a religion? You call yourself a lefty?

Comment

Religion is for the weak.
                          I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                          I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

I'm fairly sure you can count to two, Hera ...
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                            X