Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 9 Most Badass Bible Verses

Pure awesome!

Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

lol

The majority of them, I would have predicted.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
      lol

The majority of them, I would have predicted.

JM
      Do you have any suggestions to improve the list?
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

There were several in the comments section. But really, a lot of joshua and judges and first samuel/etc.

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Saw this thread and just knew it had to be a Cracked article.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The fake verse from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life is pretty Badass.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Come down and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: there is no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate. Take the millstones, and grind meal: uncover thy locks, make bare the leg, uncover the thigh, pass over the rivers. Thy nakedness shall be uncovered, yea, thy shame shall be seen: I will take vengeance, and I will not meet thee as a man.

Isaiah 47.1

When the going gets tough, The Lord gets weird.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Yeah, good and fun article that one.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I thought of this passage when I saw this topic btw.

Exodus 21.7-11:

7 "If a man sells his daughter as a servant, she is not to go free as menservants do. 8 If she does not please the master who has selected her for himself, [b] he must let her be redeemed. He has no right to sell her to foreigners, because he has broken faith with her. 9 If he selects her for his son, he must grant her the rights of a daughter. 10 If he marries another woman, he must not deprive the first one of her food, clothing and marital rights. 11 If he does not provide her with these three things, she is to go free, without any payment of money.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

This passage raises several thousand questions. Just off the top of our head:

What did Saul (the king at the time) want with 100 foreskins? Was he going to make a scarf?

There's a old joke about a rabbi who has foreskins made into a wallet. He brags that he has the only wallet that, when you rub it, turns into luggage.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

There's a old joke about a rabbi who has foreskins made into a wallet. He brags that he has the only wallet that, when you rub it, turns into luggage.
                      There's an old story about two Central Asian migrant workers who found some dried squid in a Moscow sinagogue they were repainting.
                      Turned out it was something more kosher.
                      Graffiti in a public toilet
                      Do not require skill or wit
                      Among the **** we all are poets
                      Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

lol

Comment

Re: The 9 Most Badass Bible Verses

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                          Pure awesome!
                          QFT!

They must either have different writers for the web, or improved their staff since the last time I read the magazine.
                          You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Michael Moore is a smug bastard. I just want to break his jaw about 18 times over again.
                            John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I remember readong a few years ago an article by some jew about a very early christian heresy (marcionism I think) which wanted to drop the whole old testament and only keep the new one because they thought that the God of the old testament was too violent and brutal and that he could not be the real God.

According to this writer, that "heresy" was anti-semitic, because it considered judaism more primitive and brutal than christianity. And that such ideas have re-appeared many times in history the past 2000 years,
                              I need a foot massage

Comment

Working...
                              X