Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Israelis Sue Bank of China for Aiding Terrorists

China bank accused of illegal money transfers

LOS ANGELES -- More than 100 victims of terrorism in Israel filed a lawsuit Thursday against one of
    China's largest banks demanding the institution stop transferring money to terrorist groups.

The lawsuit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court claims Bank of China Ltd. transferred millions of dollars to the militant Hamas group and Islamic Jihad, ignoring demands by Israeli counterterrorism officials to halt the practice.

The bank "knowingly assisted Hamas and the Islamic Jihad to carry out terrorist attacks" and did so through the bank's U.S. branches even though such transfers are against American law, said Nitsana Darshan-Leitner, an attorney for the plaintiffs.

The suit alleges the money helped fund attacks between 2004 and 2007.

The plaintiffs, who include the family of a 4 year-old boy killed during a 2004 attack, are being represented by attorneys in Los Angeles, New York and Israel.

Officials from the Bank of China in Los Angeles and New York did not immediately return messages seeking comment.

The lawsuit claims that beginning in July 2003, the Bank of China put through dozens of wire transfers for the groups totaling several million dollars. Many of the transfers were initiated in the Middle East, sent to branches in the U.S., then to an account at a bank branch in Guanzhou, China, the suit said.

The money was then wired to group leaders in Israel, the West Bank and Gaza Strip "for the purpose of planning, preparing for and executing terrorist attacks," the suit said.

In April 2005, Israeli officials met with officials from the Chinese Ministry of Public Security and China's Central Bank seeking action to prevent the Bank of China from making more transfers, but the practice continued, the suit claims

Palestinian victims of Israeli violence should sue the U.S.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's a fake suit to deflect attention from the fact that they control the world's banking and monetary system.

I know this because I read it on the internet.
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Is this one of those lawsuits where the party being sued doesn't show up, and if there is an award made it never gets paid?
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

If the suit is in the US, and the award is never paid, the court will order any US assets owned by the Bank of China (which it certainly has) to be frozen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            If the suit is in the US, and the award is never paid, the court will order any US assets owned by the Bank of China (which it certainly has) to be frozen.
            And the Chinese will threaten to depreciate your currency, or **** you over in one of the myriad ways they have you over a barrel, and your government will back down and increase their lube requisition (which of course will be made in China).
            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
              And the Chinese will threaten to depreciate your currency, or **** you over in one of the myriad ways they have you over a barrel, and your government will back down and increase their lube requisition (which of course will be made in China).
              You mean we trade with the Chinese? My God, what kind of society do we live in?
              -rmsharpe

Comment

Originally posted by rmsharpe

You mean we trade with the Chinese? My God, what kind of society do we live in?
                No, the operative relation in this case is owe.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

The government doesn't have that kind of authority to override a court order.

Comment

We'd just have to end non-discretionary spending. Oh and trade with China since we couldn't afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

The government doesn't have that kind of authority to override a court order.
                      If a lower court were to do something the government thought detrimental, they would appeal to a higher court.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

1) the government wouldn't be a party to the suit.

2) the higher court would, if the defendant failed to show, also be forced to rule in favor of the plaintiff.

Comment

Doesn't China buy loads of military hardware from Israel? I remember reading that outside of Russian-made materiel, China gets most of its old US-made materiel from Israel.

"lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                          X