Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does any movie depict hacking accurately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
    I agree Core is a really strong contender for most ridiculous movie premise EVER. Though I didn't get to see the one they made about re-starting the Sun with a nuke which was an obvious attempt to one up the Core. Did anyone who saw both care to give an opinion?
    The Core is awful and the acting terrible. The effects are really bad. Of course, I only saw on on Cable TV, so that obviously meant the quality of the film wasn't the best.

If the other movie you are thinking about is Sunshine, then yes, the premise is silly, but the acting is much better than that in the core. IT was a much more professional job effects wise. It also has sort of a thriller ending, so it is certainly more entertaining.
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Surprisingly, if you go to rotten tomatoes, The core has a 42% rating (way too high), and the better known critics give it a 47% rating

Sunshine gets a 76% rating, but only 60% from the better known critics....
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hey, The Core was pretty damned funny. I just couldn't keep a straight face when the pigeons were going berserk, or the big lightning storm goes out of its way to wreck the Colosseum...hell, pretty much the entire movie. Oh, and Stanley Tucci doing his Donald Duck impression when the others vote to keep going. That was awesome.
        1011 1100
        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

What??? Where they hacked into an alien computer system they'd never seen before using ENGLISH??
          I was kidding. My favorite being the most absurd one. Hacking, in the real world, requires some knowledge of the system being hacked.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
          X