Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon Miller

Why would it be difficult for God?

I am having a hard time understanding your reasoning here. I have the feeling that you are assuming that God != God.

JM
    BTW I'll rephrase that. If it was at all possible for humans to create a universe, would there be any possibility of observing what happened in it?
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Heraclitus, God is not bound by the natural laws he created.
      be free

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus

BTW I'll rephrase that. If it was at all possible for humans to create a universe, would there be any possibility of observing what happened in it?
        Of course.

Size doesn't matter, we could create a universe smaller than us, and we could observe it from the outside.

Or, if it is possible, we could create another universe next to our current one, and observe it from here.

In God's case, he may be outside the universe, and inside something else, or he could be the universe itself, thus he truely would be omnipresent.

Please don't go down the track of what is outside the universe, there is no ****ing answer.
        be free

Comment

• Originally posted by FrostyBoy
          Heraclitus, God is not bound by the natural laws he created.
          Is he them bound by natural laws he did not create? Or is God free from all laws? If so how can he be anything but pure chaos?
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

• Originally posted by FrostyBoy

Of course.

Size doesn't matter, we could create a universe smaller than us, and we could observe it from the outside.

Or, if it is possible, we could create another universe next to our current one, and observe it from here.

In God's case, he may be outside universe, and inside something else, or he could be the universe itself, thus he truely would be omnipresent.

Please don't go down the track of what is outside the universe, there is no ****ing answer.

Wait, wait if we observed the tiny universe we are interacting with the tiny universe, meaning that its not really a universe but just a strange little piece of space time in our own universe.

Unless there is a way to observe it without affecting it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heraclitus

You mean, like the game of life?

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Then you have to ask yourself "What is a universe"?Size doesn't really matter that much.

Btw God would not be pure chaos simply because he isn't bound by natures laws. You could define him as ordered chaos, but that's actually how I define natural law.
                be free

Comment

You mean, like the game of life?

JM
                  Good point. But we don't claim that universe has the capability of supporting beings that have free will.

Comment

Ben's TV idea is both silly and horrible. If we were free from all our sins, and their consequences, and no longer experienced sorrow, why would we want to watch this earth (other than to feel things other than to feel sorrow due to what happens to people on earth)?

Jon Miller
                    Hey, you'll be laughing your asses off watching some sorry bastards get roasted in Hell anyway, so what's the problem with a little bit of schadenfreude at those still on Earth?
                    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

Sure I can. I just decided not to commit adultry just now.
                      Only because no woman was offering it.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

• I think it's a bad sign that if you search Youtube for heaven, wanting to know what it is like, the first page is dominated by Bryan Adams' videos.

That's another one from Terrible Omens 'R US
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala

Hey, you'll be laughing your asses off watching some sorry bastards get roasted in Hell anyway, so what's the problem with a little bit of schadenfreude at those still on Earth?
                          I don't beleive in hell, I am an annihiliationist.

I disagee strongly with the everlasting torment view, and disagree less strongly with the universal redemption view.

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• That just makes you boring Jon. That's a belief for the unimaginative.

Got to hand it to the Jews, they know how to tell an epic story.
                            be free

Comment

I disagee strongly with the everlasting torment view,
                              What if I'm a masochist? Hell would be like an eternal orgasm. Was God too dumb to think of that?
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

• Heaven is a place that God calls home and from which one can see very far in alot of ways.
                                Long time member @ Apolyton
                                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                                X