Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the republican party deserve to be electorally punished?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious

What makes you believe that?
    John McCain has proven more then just about any one that he is capable of bipartisanship. He will do what needs to be done to get things done even if it upsets the radical neocons of his party.
    Strength & Honor!

Comment

To answer the OP: absolutely. I believe that firmly. When a party ****s up as badly as they've ****ed up, they need to be punished.

That said, I also believe the Dem candidate to be the better choice - punishment is simply an extra incentive.

Neither Obama nor McCain is a loon. They're not fringe guys. I will be disappointed if McCain wins, of course, but I'll be able to cling to some small hope that John McCain v.2000 still exists somewhere in there...

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
        What part of Obama's history would lead one to believe that he would have been conservative at any point in time? Please consider more than just selected positions such as abortions because I'd like a more broad based answer.
        You're not that stupid, and I wasn't that vague, therefore, you're being disingenuous. Both Theben are and I were very clearly pointing out that the politics of modern "liberals" and conservatism from 30 years ago, is largely indistinguishable. While modern "conservatism" has gone off into what would be consider the extreme far right.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

No, DD is.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Zenn-La
            He will do what needs to be done to get things done even if it upsets the radical neocons of his party.
            Oh don't even try that line around here... it's a beginning assumption he's being led around by a leash, so why bother.
            Unbelievable!

Comment

McCain's temper alone should be enough to prevent him from being "led" anywhere. Or so I'd think. And he's not dumb enough to be duped the way W might be.
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                To answer the OP: absolutely. I believe that firmly. When a party ****s up as badly as they've ****ed up, they need to be punished.

That said, I also believe the Dem candidate to be the better choice - punishment is simply an extra incentive.

Neither Obama nor McCain is a loon. They're not fringe guys. I will be disappointed if McCain wins, of course, but I'll be able to cling to some small hope that John McCain v.2000 still exists somewhere in there...

-Arrian
                That's basically it. If he's elected I'll have to hope the McCain from 2000 was the real McCain and he's just been lying for the last 8 years to get the Republican nomination.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                X