No thread about possible VPs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No thread about possible VPs?

Maybe I just missed the thread(s)? If there's none I happily provide this one for absurd speculations and silly partisan rantings

I thought you'd all debate possible VP choices since we seem to be close to get the names.....I personally think Obama will name McCain as his VP to eliminate him from the presidential race

Discuss.
    Blah

You discuss. Start with something that's a possibility.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Rice, Biden.

Comment

Pawlenty on McCain's side, that Virginia fella on Obama's side, probably.
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

For Obama, the fact that he went through Virginia and Indiana last week without naming the pick makes me think that it won't be Kaine or Bayh. The late roll-out makes me think that it'll be a big name. Usually Veep picks are rolled out at least a few days before the Convention to familiarize him/her to the public, but the Obama team apparently doesn't feel the need to do that. The most plausible big name is Clinton, though Biden is a possibility. I still think Sebelius would be the smartest pick.

For McCain, it's either Romney or Pawlenty.
          Last edited by Ramo; August 22, 2008, 12:07.
          "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
          -Bokonon

Comment

Obama need a white general as a VP.

However, I liked your old rule more: the loser becomes the VP.
            Graffiti in a public toilet
            Do not require skill or wit
            Among the **** we all are poets
            Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Too much incentive to assassinate the president then...

Comment

Loser VP
                Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

The VP's a poorly thought-out anachronism. It's an office that can be arbitrarily weak or powerful, chosen primarily for campaigning instead of governance, but frequently ends up a major party nominee eight years later. Madness.

Eliminate the VP, and draw the line of succession through the Cabinet.
                  "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                  -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
                    The VP's a poorly thought-out anachronism. It's an office that can be arbitrarily weak or powerful, chosen primarily for campaigning instead of governance, but frequently ends up a major party nominee eight years later. Madness.

Eliminate the VP, and draw the line of succession through the Cabinet.
                    I agree with all of this.

Comment

So you mean Clinton as VP? Yes indeed, that will seal the election.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Obama has an event scheduled in Indiana tommorow. He is said to have already made his choice. Look for Evan Bayh to be the guy.
                        "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          Rice, Biden.

Go Condi.

Comment

NWIH, fortunately.

Comment

Rumors are hell, aren't they?

Originally posted by PLATO
                              Obama has an event scheduled in Indiana tommorow. He is said to have already made his choice. Look for Evan Bayh to be the guy.

Obama selects Biden to be veep running mate
                              Democratic presidential hopefuls Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., left, laughs with Sen. Joseph Biden, D-Del., before the start of a presidential forum hosted by the AFL-CIO at Soldier Field in Chicago, in this Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2007 file photo. Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware is Barack Obama's pick as vice presidential running mate, The Associated Press has learned Saturday Aug. 23, 2008.

Comment

Working...
                              X