No announcement yet.

Lazy friggin consumers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For my wedding two weeks ago, we didn't have a "wedding list" as people usually do/did, since we have all furniture and plates, etc. We lived together for 7 years before, but I guess these kinds of gifts made sense back some time ago when you moved together after marrying.
    So we asked people to give us cash, helping us a little step to buy a new family car - which we have now, a Dacia Logan Kombi:
    Still, we got plenty useless stuff among some good genuine ideas and some lucky hits, and 700€ in gift certificates...
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
      QFT! That's how I feel. The only way I'd ever give one is if the company in question had a deal tied to the card- % off only with gift card or some such.
      In such a situation, couldn't the person buy his/her own card and immediately turn around and spend it to get the discount? I assume that's why I've never seen such a deal.

Oh, and I can see the point in buying a gift card for a nice restaurant (or a crummy restaurant if the recipient likes Big Macs). It's not like you can stick a Bertucci's pizza in somebody's stocking.
      1011 1100
      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
        For my wedding two weeks ago, we didn't have a "wedding list" as people usually do/did, since we have all furniture and plates, etc. We lived together for 7 years before, but I guess these kinds of gifts made sense back some time ago when you moved together after marrying.
        So we asked people to give us cash, helping us a little step to buy a new family car - which we have now, a Dacia Logan Kombi:
        Still, we got plenty useless stuff among some good genuine ideas and some lucky hits, and 700€ in gift certificates...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I will buy people gift cards. But I hate myself for it, so it's okay.

Comment

Working...
          X