• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

America needs:
    - compulsory voting;
    - preferential voting system;
    - better vomit smilies.
    "You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours."--General Sir Charles James Napier

Comment

Re: Re: Open up the debates

Originally posted by SlowwHand

First point. I was a young boy when Kennedy and Nixon had the first televised debate. I have a lot of experience in watching. Kennedy was calm, cool and collected. He spoke to the point. By contrast, Nixon looked extemely uncomfortable. Perspiring profusely. Even as a boy, ithe contrast was evident.

Second point. I don't care about Ron Paul, Clinton or anyone else at this point. For better or for worse, this country has pretty much always been a 2 party system.
      That's who I want to hear.
      On the first point you have to elaborate, I could try to assume what you mean but don't really want to.
      On your second point, you are mistaking them for third party candidates, one ran as D other as R and neither is going independent. I would look up what third parties have done for your country if you really think that is the case with only 2 parties having influence, or perhaps blacks should get back on the cotton fields and women should not be allowed to vote.
      Even if third parties didn't have that history I still don't think "well it's been that way" is a good argument to have no progress.

Comment

A) Elaborate how? Largely based off that debate, Kennedy became president. Did you know he was president? Am I assuming too much?

B) I used different examples for a reason. It wasn't a mistake.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          A) Elaborate how? Largely based off that debate, Kennedy became president. Did you know he was president? Am I assuming too much?

B) I used different examples for a reason. It wasn't a mistake.
          A) Explain what do you mean and how does it have to what you quoted.
          B)What reason?

Comment

I was told in HS history class that the only reason Nixon looked to be losing was that he refused to wear makeup--thought it was girly. So JFK was sweating under the studio lights too, it was just hidden under cosmetics. Dunno the truth of it, but that's what I heard.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Speaking of 3rd candidate:

I work for an online gaming site, right? So someone just called in, and insisted on making a wager on Hillary Clinton to win. I informed her that she wasn't a nominee for any party, so we had no odds on her. She insisted that the Democrats were going to nominate her in the next few days, in a "sudden change of mind"
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                I was told in HS history class that the only reason Nixon looked to be losing was that he refused to wear makeup--thought it was girly. So JFK was sweating under the studio lights too, it was just hidden under cosmetics. Dunno the truth of it, but that's what I heard.
                Nixon also banged his knee on the car door on the way.
                I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Nixon also banged his knee on the car door on the way.
                  Nixon is running...again?

Well, I Like Ike..so lets get em both up there
                  Attached Files
                  Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I just saw an I Like Ike button the other day.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico
                      America needs:
                      - compulsory voting;
                      - preferential voting system;
                      - better vomit smilies.
                      Why the smilies?

Comment

Because he's a parrot.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                        X