Monkey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkey!

The claimed recent discovery of Bigfoot in the US state of Georgia has turned out to be a hoax - it was a rubber gorilla suit in a block of ice.

Two men said last week they had found a 2.3m-tall (7ft 7in), 226kg (500lb) corpse of the legendary ape-like creature in a wood in June.

Two researchers bought the "carcass", encased in ice, for an undisclosed sum.

But as it thawed it turned out to be a rubber monkey outfit. Bigfoot has been the subject of decades of hoaxes.

Matt Whitton, a police officer, and Rick Dyer, a former prison officer, told a new conference in California last week that they had made the find while hiking.

'Dinosaurs'

A photograph on the men's website showed what appeared to be a large, hairy creature.

But Bigfoot experts reacted suspiciously to the men's claims and the story soon began to unravel.

BIGFOOT BASICS
    First documented report was prints found by Canadian trader in 1811
    Name dates from 1958 reports of giant footprints found in California
    Ray Wallace, who died in 2002, claimed to have faked these
    Most famous footage shot in 1967 and contested ever since

Steve Kulls - of squatchdetective.com - observed the thawing and said that as the ice melted, the exposed head was found to be "unusually hollow in one small section".

As the process continued the feet were exposed - and were found to be made of rubber.

AP news agency reported that telephone calls to Mr Whitton and Mr Dyer were not returned on Tuesday.

But the voicemail recording for their Bigfoot Tip Line - which proclaims they also search for leprechauns and the Loch Ness monster - has been updated. It announced the duo were also looking for "big cats and dinosaurs".
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
    Blah

Why is it so hard to find things. When I look at Google Earth, I find that the land isn't really that big and people cover so much of it, especially in America. I just don't think it would be that easy to hide from us unless you were really small or well camouflaged.
    be free

Comment

If there is bigfoot, he hides in Siberia.
      -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
      -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

the greatest scientific discovery ever.
        rednecks killed it

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
          Why is it so hard to find things. When I look at Google Earth, I find that the land isn't really that big and people cover so much of it, especially in America. I just don't think it would be that easy to hide from us unless you were really small or well camouflaged.
          North America is some of the most "sparsely" populated civilized areas on the planet. Much less densely populated than Europe or much of Asia.
          Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Yeah, but you're talking about Canada. I'm talking about the United States. I thought I read they found it in Georgia, which I thought was in the US?
            be free

Comment

I'm not sure you appreciate how ****ing big real countries are.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Yeah, but you're talking about Canada. I'm talking about the United States. I thought I read they found it in Georgia, which I thought was in the US?
                You think all of the US is densely populated?

er/glkhaejrf eqrufy897rtq34897r b9f8ynq387ty 4378tcnq3478yrt8734rv 72384ry27ry27

I just ****ing damaged my laptop by smashing it. You owe me
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Nice of you to acknowledge Russia as a real country, Asher.

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                    Nice of you to acknowledge Russia as a real country, Asher.
                    I will never do such a thing.

Comment

Nice sig, btw,

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

You think all of the US is densely populated?

er/glkhaejrf eqrufy897rtq34897r b9f8ynq387ty 4378tcnq3478yrt8734rv 72384ry27ry27

I just ****ing damaged my laptop by smashing it. You owe me
                        I didnt say it was densly populated, I was saying that the US is fully discovered already. There's nothing left to see that a lot of others have not already seen before. Unless of course, it is very small, like insects.
                        be free

Comment

Why would a bigfoot forget his gorilla suit?
                          Long time member @ Apolyton
                          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I dunno, why?
                            be free

Comment

I didnt say it was densly populated, I was saying that the US is fully discovered already. There's nothing left to see that a lot of others have not already seen before. Unless of course, it is very small, like insects.
                              The fact that it's been "discovered" before does not mean that we know where all animals are at all times. It is not unusual to discover rare pockets of animals we didn't know lived in a region that actually live there.

I'm not sure you realize how desolate much of the US actually is.

Comment

Working...
                              X