• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wake up and smell the bacon!

..literally.

Wake n' Bacon

by Matty Sallin, Daniel Bartolini, Hsiao-huh Hsu

WHAT: An alarm clock that wakes you up with the smell and sizzle of cooking bacon.

WHY: No one likes to wake up, especially by an alarm. This clock gently wakes you up with the mouthwatering aroma of bacon, just like waking up on a Sunday morning to the smell of Mom cooking breakfast. Unless you're Jewish.

HOW: A frozen strip of bacon is placed in Wake n' Bacon the night before. Because there is a 10 minute cooking time, the clock is set to go off 10 minutes before the desired waking time. Once the alarm goes off, the clock it sends a signal to a small speaker to generate the alarm sound. We hacked the clock so that the signal is re-routed by a microchip that in responds by sending a signal to a relay that throws the switch to power two halogen lamps that slow-cook the bacon in about 10 minutes.

Bacon

Alarm clock

Bacon alarm clock
    Last edited by Julian Delphiki; August 16, 2008, 16:50.

Would go well with the "Allah Akbah" wake up call
    So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
    Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Sorry, this model is not available on kosher.

Comment

One slice of bacon? It would take me hours of nap/wake up/nap/wake up before I got a complete breakfast.

Wait a sec, that sounds great!
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I could sleep through global nuclear war...a cooking strip of bacon wouldn't arouse me from my slumber
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
            I could sleep through global nuclear war...a cooking strip of bacon wouldn't arouse me from my slumber
            Q F T
            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I'm not sure the smell alone could wake me up, but the delicious bacon waiting for me might actually entice to me to get up rather than just hit snooze. However, I agree with Lancer that it needs to be more than one slice.
              You've just proven signature advertising works!

Comment

Working...
              X