Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry I've been away, but I got banned for no reason...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I've been away, but I got banned for no reason...

But you can all rejoice as I'm back now...
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Sorry I've been away, but I got banned for no reason...

Welcome back. Let's hope you have a long stay.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

My heart has been pumping purple panther piss over it.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

but I got banned for no reason...
        Bah. There is no human action without a motivation.

For example.
        Mr. Goldfarb is lying on his deathbed. His wife comes in to sit by his bedside.
        "I have a confession to make," he tells her. "I haven't been true to you. In fact, I've been cheating throughout our entire 50 year marriage."
        "Hush, dear," she tells him. "I already know."
        "You know??!" he gasps.
        "Of course," she replies sweetly. "Why else do you think I poisoned you?"

See? There is no human action without a motivation.

Comment

Well, one day I tried to post and found out I was banned. No PM, nothing to explain what my transgression was...

To me that is getting banned for no reason.

Comment

No, that's being banned with no explanation.

And i'm fairly sure you can remember back to why you were banned ...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Well, if you don't explain it then as far as I'm concerned it is for no reason...

No I can't remember, hence why I don't know the reason...

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                No, that's being banned with no explanation.

And i'm fairly sure you can remember back to why you were banned ...
                Whenever a mod decides to ban someone without giving an explanation, they ought to be fired. The whole point of a ban is negative reinforcement, and if you don't associate a "cause" with an "effect", there's no point.

* Footnote: Negative reinforcement never works with me. Obviously.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I may have been banned for no reason as well. I didn't try to log in for a few days, so that would probably have been the time the mods chose to strike... banning me without notifying me about it. Otherwise I'm fairly sure I would have remembered being banned.

Of course maybe I've always been banned and just didn't have the proper concept of what banning is. Since I've never been notified that I have been banned it's only logical that I'd never know that I was actually banned, since I wouldn't have any actual known banning to compare my current forum privileges with.

DOWN WITH THE MAN!

Comment

You forget that this is the great totalitarian state of Russ... er Poly.

They can do what they like to us posters and get away with no reason/explanation whatsoever...

So, what was it I got banned for again - just so I know not to do it again...?

Comment

hmm I checked the ban log and Ming said he chilled you for 24 hours based on your replies in

He did post the 24 hour chill in the thread which is probably why you weren't PMed.

24 hours was about right for that.
                      Actually I thought it was kind of funny.

And I'm sure you'll do something similar again. and so will Ming. or me.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

MOBIUS was banned for speaking Truth™?
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

It wasn't for speaking the Truth, it was how he did it.

AND YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

He was just saying what everyone was thinking.

Comment

I never denied that.

Of course you say a lot of things that others are thinking in ways that get you in hot water also.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X