PETA's latest ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PETA's latest ad

There's only one word for the latest ad from PETA, disgusting.

You probably have heard about the horrible decapitation of a passenger on a bus in Canada last week by a lunatic, who thereafter tried to eat his victim's flesh

So what did PETA do? They tried to run this ad in Canadian newspapers:

Bigger version here.

Sickos. Lacking a brain cell or two, not to speak of empathy, that's for sure...
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

"

Comment

PETA has a knack for producing ads that are horribly offensive, yet also extraordinarily funny
      "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
      "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

PETA's empathy doesn't extend to humans.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

That isn't funny, it's just obnoxious.

EDIT: Has anyone considered buying a packet of jerky at the local mini-mart, tying two pieces together into a cross, and setting it on fire on a PETA member's lawn? The bastards. I'm going to eat an extra helping of BBQ beef tonight...even if it isn't very good. Grr.
          Last edited by Elok; August 10, 2008, 18:58.
          1011 1100
          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

What sensitive animals think and feel when they come to the end of their frightening journey?

"Bill, Bill! Look... over there. That guy is back. He's the one that took David away and we haven't heard from him since. He said that David was grazing over at the other ranch across town, but you think he would have called and let us know he was OK. Bill, something is going on... I think we should call the police. Bill? Bill?!"
            -rmsharpe

Comment

Go veggies Go!
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I don't like meat. But if I stop eating it PETA wins!

I think PETA and the childless movement should be tried for treason.
                Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                  I think PETA and the childless movement should be tried for treason.
                  I'd prefer shooting them with rocket-propelled flamethrowers to a trial, actually. Thankfully, here in Russia PETA is weak. Splash some blood on a woman's fur coat here, and you will end up with your blood all over your clothes and your teeth in your stomach.
                  Graffiti in a public toilet
                  Do not require skill or wit
                  Among the **** we all are poets
                  Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the ad. I like to eat meat, but I'm sure a day will come where we don't have to kill animals to survive.

It will be evolution at its finest.
                    be free

Comment

Originally posted by FrostyBoy
                      Nothing wrong with the ad. I like to eat meat, but I'm sure a day will come where we don't have to kill animals to survive.

It will be evolution at its finest.
                      Uhm, we already can. It would make our economy and ecology a lot more sustainable too by the way.
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie

Comment

Even eating plants is an act of killing if you think about it. It's just that vegetarians are a bit biased towards animals.

I remember an article, a Japanese guy was able to grow meat in a lab, he said it was perfect beef, and that is the kind of technology I was talking about.

And to me that would be fine, no murder there, however, I am sure the majority of vegetarians would still be upset by it, in which case, evolution would rule them out by poisoning them with the very foods they rely on, while meat-eaters will be kept immunized.

Evolution is the greatest of all evil-doers.
                        be free

Comment

FrostyBoy, you are a very strange man...
                          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
                          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
                          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

If we eat plants whereby we cause irrepairable damage to the ecological balance and our environment, then I oppose that as well. In fact the whole concept of unsustainable food production is to be opposed. Hardly anyone seems to grasp that idea though. People just consume without thinking about their food. It's normal I guess, but people should be educated in awareness about this. For our own good, in the end.

Comment

PETA is the best troll ever.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                              X