Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propane Depot Erupts in North Toronto

in all the same breath:

One person is unaccounted for and several people are injured after multiple blasts rocked a north Toronto propane facility, prompting emergency officials to evacuate thousands of residents and shut down Canada's busiest highway. [..]

People living in North York around Keele Street and Wilson Avenue were woken up by the sounds of multiple booming blasts between 3:30 a.m. and 4 a.m. Fire officials determined that the explosion originated from the Sunrise Propane Industrial Gases facility on Murray Road.

The blast sparked a six-alarm blaze, with 120 firefighters and 35 pieces of equipment on scene to fight the fire.
    It's egregious that the facility was ever allowed to be located there to begin with.
    Last edited by DanQ; August 10, 2008, 14:12.
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

I think you should ask a mod to change the thread title
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
      I think you should ask a mod to change the thread title
      , fixed. Thanks for the heads-up.
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

At least nobody lost their head this time.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

I thought I heard a massive clap of thunder at 3:55 last night...turns out it was 220,000 litres of propane...

This is a few kilometers directly north of me. I can still see smoke from my balcony.

Video of it blowing up: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...explosions0810
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

That's a biggun.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Dayam!
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Dayam!
                    QFT. A fricking mushroom cloud!
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It's a miracle so few people were hurt.

A fireman has died, from "non-trauma" injuries (heart attack?). He was a "25 year veteran".

Also missing is the propane truck dispatcher who was present at the facility when it blew up.

Stores, homes, and schools in the area have shattered windows. The 401 (the busiest highway in North America) is still closed, the subway has resumed service.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

Zoiks!
                          Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                          Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                          One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                          X