Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat Steak And Save The Planet

Kangaroo steak to be precise.....or burgers to be correct:

Switching from beef to kangaroo burgers could significantly help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, says an Australian scientist.

The methane gas produced by sheep and cows through belching and flatulence is more potent than carbon dioxide in the damage it can cause to the environment.

But kangaroos produce virtually no methane because their digestive systems are different.

Dr George Wilson, of the Australian Wildlife Services, urges farming them.

He says they have a different set of micro-organisms in their guts to cows and sheep.

Sheep and cattle account for 11% of Australia's carbon footprint and over the years, there have been various proposals to deal with the problem.

Now Dr Wilson believes kangaroos might hold the answer.

He said: "It tastes excellent, not unlike venison - only a different flavour."

The country already produces 30 million kangaroos farmed by landholders in the outback.

But Dr Wilson is keen to see that population dramatically increased to produce the same amount of kangaroo meat as that currently produced by conventional livestock.
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

But I guess only heartless bastards would manage to eat this:

Blah

I've had kangaroo before, very pleasant. I'd eat it
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Stinks to high heaven as you cook it though.

Tastes nice with Wooster sauce.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I say we should switch to human meat.
        Graffiti in a public toilet
        Do not require skill or wit
        Among the **** we all are poets
        Among the poets we are ****.

Comment

And bringing the 'roo to Finland certainly helps to save the planet. It's only something like 20000km trip.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
            The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

kangaroo burgers

The Hopperâ„¢?

Comment

You deserve to be Ashers sex slave for the day for that one Winnston
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by onodera
                  Thanks for volunteering
                  Blah

Comment

I wish I liked more vegetables. I guess I could be a fruitatarian,
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro

Thanks for volunteering
                      Use naturally deceased people. Lots of deaths every day all over the world. Especially with rampant obesity in the west, you'll be able to extract many juicy succulent steaks from the corpses. Too bad most people don't want that to happen. (Ignoring the fact that bodies are being plundered by doctors for useful tissue, organs etc. If they're already mutilated like that.. might as well consume the rest)
                      "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                      "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                      X