Harrassing women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrassing women

I was watching this hip hop documentary, as a fan of the music. I like the rap videos with all those curvy women, but make no mistake, it's sexist. I know it's sexist. The lyrics are sometimes pretty damn horrible. I personally don't like it when women are called *****es and hoes, because they aren't. At least not in general.

It usually shows a great deal of disrespect for the other gender, and reveals an attitude of ownership, and is degrading. But I never made a big deal out of it, it's what it is. But then they showed a clip from spring break. It was totally out of the line. Guys grabbing girls walking down the street. They were openly talking that if they dress like that, they're hoes and they are allowed to touch girls like that. And I'm talking about grabbing their asses and boobs, I mean some of that crap is straight sexual harrasment or assault in my opinion. You can't go grabbing people like that. It was disgusting. And they were serious, as in yeah we can do this because they dress like that.

It's not like many of them were like from the girls gone wild either, most were wearing bikinis and stuff. And we make a big point how some arabs think if a woman shows skin, she then becomes a property and you can rape them and stuff, it's totally cool. Well seems to me there's lots of that going on in our cultures as well, and these guys were serious too, believing they had the right to touch people like that. And I'm not talking about Japanese metro stuff, but like 10 guys surrounding one or two girls, in daylight, on the street, and starting to grab them and grind their fronts on their butts and stuff. Man, I just had an urge to use a tazer on all of their asses, zap them all out.

Disgusting. Makes me think, if I have a daughter some day... I'll arm myself and her as well. Touch her, you will pay for it. I can't believe it, all those girls, who were grabbed, they have fathers and mothers, they have brothers and sisters, many of them probably have boyfriends, and these thugs just go ahead and feel them up like it's nothing, as if it's their right.

Makes me angry.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

And it's a sad show of using power. The women in that clip certainly did not like it, or approve it nor did they invite it. They tried to escape, some of them got angry. But what can you do?

These guys think they can do it because women can't retaliate so much. They don't go grabbing dudes the same way, they'd get KTFO. So, in a way that was a disgusting show of being stronger physically, and using it to your advantage. It was abuse. And I'm not even talking about a little feeling up, which is also wrong, but grabbing, the way you grab your partner only. Really really disgusting. Seems to me like it's a big problem. How is that tolerated?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

It's sexual assault. It's a crime.

The problem isn't the law. It's the non-enforcement of the law.

Comment

I figured what I saw was definitely illegal. It was way out of line.

But it's more than just an issue of law. It clearly is an attitude that is too acceptable.
        In da butt.

Comment

Working...
        X