• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCain Volunteers Wife For Topless Contest

i love american politics
    when our politicians slip, it's at best out of bicycles

McCain Gaffes, Volunteering Wife For Topless Contest
    August 05, 2008 5:31 PM

ABC News' Gregory Wallace and Sara Just Report: Sen. John McCain, R-Az., perhaps unknowingly, volunteered his wife for a beauty pageant on Monday that often features contestants topless -- and, occasionally, without any decency -- at the Sturgis, South Dakota, motorcycle rally.

"I was looking at the Sturgis schedule, and noticed that you had a beauty pageant, so I encouraged Cindy to compete," McCain told an audience at the rally. "I told her [that] with a little luck, she could be the only woman to serve as both the First Lady and Miss Buffalo Chip."

The audience, clearly better versed in the details of the pageant, cheered and whistled their approval.

This annual rally, now in its 62nd year, rally attracts upwards of 500,000 riders in August to the small town of 5,500. The contest is named for the Buffalo Chip campground, home to about 25,000 riders for the nine-day rally.

The Arizona senator, according to the Buffalo Chip campground website, was participating in "the Buffalo Chip’s annual Tribute to American Veterans and Active Duty Servicemen." The site also says that many attendees are "veterans and active duty servicemen who will have a great appreciation for McCain’s family history of service to our country."

McCain also promised the audience that he would only speak briefly.

"I know that we are waiting with great anticipation for Kid Rock and the other entertainment," the Arizona senator said.

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I've heard the women of the Ms Buffalo Chip contest can do some mighty interesting things with a banana.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

McCain just won that groups vote
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Krill
          McCain just won that groups vote
          Finally, an issue I can get wholeheartedly behind McCain on.

Comment

Cindy McCain is pretty hawt for someone her age
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: McCain Volunteers Wife For Topless Contest

Originally posted by MarkG
              i love american politics

I'm already wondering what we will be talking about when the election is over now that even peace broke out in Iraq
              Blah

Comment

Don't forget the Paris Hilton attack ad.

See more funny videos at Funny or Die
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Blah

Comment

Gee i can't wait to get home to listen to this one. But i'd hit it. I mean vote for her.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                      Don't forget the Paris Hilton attack ad.

See more funny videos at Funny or Die
                      Well, at least she has an energy policy. That's better then McCain has managed.

Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oh snap. My bro beat me by 6 minutes. Wanker.
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

Well, at least she has an energy policy. That's better then McCain has managed.

That's the problem with Obama supporters. It's ok to make fun of McCain but heaven forbid if anyone calls Obama the "ONE"

Double standards. Geeze.
                          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's not the "ONE" that's upsetting (read: scary), it's the 'OMG look at the # of people he/Clinton has had killed!!' thing that you & I know A LOT of people think is true.

Comment

And that's more a REPUG type thing.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X