Military jury convicts bin Laden's driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    Not really. Shrub has said he'll continue to hold him as an enemy combatant after he finishes his sentence.
    Unless he's planning on declaring himself dictator/president-for-life, Shrub will be long gone by the time this guy finishes his sentence.
    1011 1100
    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      Not really. Shrub has said he'll continue to hold him as an enemy combatant after he finishes his sentence.
      Really? Thats new! When did you get access to the President?
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

Unless he's planning on declaring himself dictator/president-for-life, Shrub will be long gone by the time this guy finishes his sentence.
        Given that the guy was given a 66 month sentence, and was granted 61 months credit for his time served, do you know something about the coming days that we don't?
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

It will be January. You think Bush has a fascination for keeping this particular guy locked up? You really think, that he's going to think about it much?
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

Really? Thats new! When did you get access to the President?
            He doesn't need it - the Pentagon has a big mouth.

US has no plans to free Hamdan
            From correspondents in Washington

August 08, 2008 07:00am

SALIM Hamdan will continue to be held at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba as an enemy combatant after he serves out a five and half year sentence for providing material support for terrorism, a Pentagon spokesman said today.

After taking into account time served, Hamdan, a Yemeni who was a driver for al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, has only five months left to the sentence handed down today by a military jury.

"He will serve out the rest of his sentence," said Bryan Whitman, a Pentagon spokesman. "At that time he will still be considered an enemy combatant. But he will be eligible for review by an Administrative Review Board."

The boards do annual assessments to determine whether a detainee continues to pose a threat or is eligible for transfer to another country or release.

While serving out his sentence, Hamdan will be kept separate from the general detainee population at Guantanamo, Mr Whitman said.

He will be allowed visits three times a week, recreation periods and access to the prison library, a Pentagon official said.

I am sure that hs lawyers will appeal this the moment his sentence is finished.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm aware of what Pentagon spokesmen have said, but they are not the President.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

More to the point. It makes no sense to continue to detain this man. His intelligence value is zero and a military court has punished him for supporting al queda. Any 'review' of his status as a combatant will be cursory at best. The real question is what will we do if Yemen wont take him in?

Comment

I'm aware of what Pentagon spokesmen have said, but they are not the President.
                  NPR attributed it to the President this afternoon on the two programs I heard discussing the sentence.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

He's already served most of the time. He's got five months still, which means his release date is in January.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

greek news channel said yesterday that the prosecutors asked for 30 years(?)
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

yep

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          Where do we go to send Al Qaeda money?
                          They have a rather cleverly disguised donation page here. But before you go rushing off to send them your life savings ask yourself this. Do you really hate the US that much? Are you really so set on opposing reactionary conservative capitalists that you'd be willing to assist even more conservative anti-enlightenment reactionaries just to symbolically spite them? Here's hoping you're just the empty threat of a troll you usually seem to be.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                            Given that the guy was given a 66 month sentence, and was granted 61 months credit for his time served, do you know something about the coming days that we don't?
                            Yeah, I know I didn't read the article closely enough. So THERE!
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

The real question is what will we do if Yemen wont take him in?
                              Maybe Cuba will take him. At least they don't have show trials and secret prisons.
                              John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

that's the problem, the yemen don't want him back and no other country will have him. i can't imagine that a US president (whoever gets elected) is going to let this guy roam free in america, so it looks like he will continue to be held after his sentence is finished.
                                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                                X