Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well if the Yellowstone Caldera blows, we'll all be saved
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
      fixed.

I agree, but if the land wasn't so parched maybe the goats wouldn't be able to inflict such damage, right? At any rate the Sahel, as it currently stands, isn't prime ground for herding.
      Agreed.
      John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

Sorry, I don't believe in the prophecies of anyone dumb enough to run thorn-studded strings through his own penis.

What Mayan astronomers do with their time off is their own business. Besides, the old saying, don't knock it until you've tried it.

Elok, your dry humor is just wonderful, keep it up.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Nuclear Winter

Comment

Originally posted by Felch
            I'm talking about overall, throughout the planet. Some places won't benefit, but on average this sounds like good news.

Besides, is it possible that they exacerbated their problems with poor farming techniques, or overgrazing?
            Actually current studies seem to indicate that it's on average a bad thing. Now if you're livingin in Canada or Russia

Well if the Yellowstone Caldera blows, we'll all be saved
            I think if that ever becomes better than the status quo, we're pretty screwed

Nuclear Winter
            You know... when I was in debate, I wanted to do a silly round where I advocated that as a solution to all the world's problems, but I never found a willing partner
            "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
            -Joan Robinson

Comment

You just didn't put enough positive spin on it.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Nu 'Clear' winter coming.
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

i must say i'm very much looking forward to the climate becoming warmer. it'll be great to tuck in to some dates, olives and citrus fruits grown in this country.
                  "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Good luck when your country will be under water.
                    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

We could always launch solar shades, but Morgan doesn't seem to like it.
                      B♭3

Comment

I thought this was a comment about humanity. Oh, well... move on.
                        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                          Good luck when your country will be under water.
                          well they were making wine in yorkshire during roman times and the country was pretty much the same shape it is now, so i'm not too concerned.
                          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                          X