Eco-nuts and neoluddites be damned!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm... I don't know if any of those are well preserved enough. :hmm:

Maybe I should go with Lenin's brain instead.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Hooray for coal!
      -rmsharpe

Comment

Originally posted by rmsharpe
        Hooray for coal!
        That is what the ecogeeks think apparently, since they refuse to accept a less than perfect solution. One that doesn't produce any waste. Or kills birds. Or defaces the landscape. Or solves the problem and make their organizations obsolete.

And while they fight the solutions, we keep on bringing coal and oil. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the real reason why the petroindustry funds them.
        Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
        The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
        The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

We could always burn whales.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

If you want a more recent tyrant/butcher, you could wait for one of the African ones to die. Wait, didn't Idi Amin die fairly recently? Try him.
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
            X