Orion is such a dissapointment, guys at NASA are duchebags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orion is such a dissapointment, guys at NASA are duchebags

So let me get this right after using technology developed in the 70's for the last 20 years, it can only repalce it by updating tech from the 1960's.

Apollo on steroids is the best the worlds supposedly premiere space agency can come up with?

Shig, I have a depressing feeling that the public will just grow tired of this mediocracy and cancell your space program in a decade or two.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

This is from the 1950's. How dare NASA smudge the name.

To a time when humans had balls.

People are such retards , we don't mind our governments testing hundreds of atomic bombs during the cold war, but we mind using nukes in space.

"Technology suppressed for political reasons"

I'm afraid that because of my love for humanity, I've become a bit of a misanthrope.
    Last edited by Heraclitus; August 3, 2008, 08:28.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Comment

So, what exactly happened?Did they start building Project Orion-propulsion, and cancel it?
        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Re: Orion is such a dissapointment, guys at NASA are duchebags

Originally posted by Heraclitus
          So let me get this right after using technology developed in the 70's for the last 20 years, it can only repalce it by updating tech from the 1960's.
          No. The shuttle was built for Earth orbit, heavy lifting, and nothing else. Orion/Altair is to do much more (Moon, Lagrange point 2, Mars, and maybe even an NEO, but minus the lifting which will be done by separate rockets.) Orion/Altair is not an update of 60s tech, but more of putting new tech in an updated design from the 60s. Also, why shouldn't we base the design of something that is supposed to take man out Earth orbit on the only thing that has actually taken man out of Earth orbit? We are basing it on the one design that we know can do the job.
          USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
          The video may avatar is from

Comment

When has man left earth orbit?
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
              When has man left earth orbit?
              Sorry, I meant low Earth orbit
              USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
              The video may avatar is from

Comment

I thought this was a NASA birthday threadi
                Blah

Comment

It was a mad scientists drunk threadi

Comment

When I was growing up my friend's dad worked at General Atomics (the company which built the nuclear pulse propulsion prototype seen in the video). They were one of the pioneers in the nuclear power industry and still make a ton of reactors.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tattila the Hun
                      So, what exactly happened?Did they start building Project Orion-propulsion, and cancel it?
                      The project got canceled long before that. The reason wasn't any technical difficulty or the fear that it wouldn't be worth its money. It was canceled because of the publics fear of "nuclear" technology.

Comment

Working...
                      X