Rowling released "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" to the public

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rowling released "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" to the public

Remember when J.K. Rowling made 7 copies of Beedle the Bard and auctioned them off for charity? Well now apparently she is releasing them to the public in December:

Around $8, not bad, but if you want to spend some money (don't look at me), you can pony up $100 for the Collectors' Edition:

Oh, and:

Net proceeds from this Standard Edition and the Collector's Edition support of the Children's High Level Group, a charity co-founded in 2005 by J K Rowling and Emma Nicholson MEP to make life better for vulnerable children. (The Children's High Level Group is a charity registered in England and Wales under registered charity number 1112575.)

Should be a fun tide over until the Encyclopedia.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

You should start a new religion centered around J.K. Rowling.

It might even inspire another book from her if you do it right, how's that?

Comment

According to Christian fundies, the Harry Potter books are based upon the religion of Wicca. Now, you want her to start a SECOND religion. That sounds....er...somewhat overly enthusiastic.

Comment

Imran Siddiqui is no girl, I know that much. I think.

Comment

Good to know your confident.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Thank god that post was deleted! Still, I fill the need to stab my eyes out with a dull object! To bad this thread isn't tangible.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Rowling wants to become the George Lucas of literature.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

This is an interesting threadi, I learned lots of new things about books and stuff
                Blah

Comment

Illiterate dorks rejoice!!!
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                    This is an interesting threadi, I learned lots of new things about books and stuff
                    Has BeBro's programing been downgraded? In the past you almost couldn't notice he was a spambot but recently heis statments have been lacking variety.
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                      Illiterate dorks rejoice!!!
                      Hey, now you'll have something new to burn. It's a plus for everyone.

There was a rather fun page I saw a long time ago (in web terms--maybe four years or so) where a D&D dork tried to scientifically "test" the "hypothesis" that the HP books contained many actual spells with instructions on how to cast them. He wound up waving a Xmas tree branch with some dog hairs taped to it, yelling "Lumos" to no effect. He concluded he was a Muggle.
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Elok

Hey, now you'll have something new to burn. It's a plus for everyone.
                        I've been anti Harry snobtard and his amazing upper class pals for ages. I guess J.K. Rowling deserves props for realizing that the public would go for a rehash of 1950s English public school literature just as long as it was changed into a "magic school".
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Magic school
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon

I've been anti Harry snobtard and his amazing upper class pals for ages. I guess J.K. Rowling deserves props for realizing that the public would go for a rehash of 1950s English public school literature just as long as it was changed into a "magic school".

What's upper class about them? I found Harry and his friends, and the books in general, pretty plebeian in their character.

Comment

Yeah, the part where the villains are all elitist good old boys out to reassert their natural dominance over mongrels and mongrel-lovers doesn't seem too snobby.
                              1011 1100
                              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                              X