Canadian Maniac Decapitates Fellow Passenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian Maniac Decapitates Fellow Passenger

Now this is the freakiest **** I have heard in a long time. I understand that the bus was going to Winnipeg, but this is just scary as hell (note bolded part). From other articles, it doesn't appear to have been personal, but just a random act of homicidal lunacy.

Bus passenger decapitated in Manitoba

THE CANADIAN PRESS
    PORTAGE LA PRAIRIE, Man. – Police haven't confirmed it, but a passenger says a gruesome attack on a Greyhound bus near Portage la Prairie, Man., has left a young man stabbed to death and decapitated and dozens of passengers in shock.

The RCMP and Greyhound officials will only say that a "major incident" occurred on the bus Wednesday night, but have not provided any details.

But a passenger who said he saw the attack said a man repeatedly stabbed a seatmate, and eventually severed his head.

"We heard this blood-curdling scream and turned around and the guy was standing up, stabbing this guy repeatedly, like 40 or 50 times," Garnet Caton said Thursday morning from a hotel in Brandon, where he and other passengers had been taken to rest.

Caton said everyone on the bus scrambled to get out, and he and the bus driver shut the door from the outside while they awaited police.

Eventually, the attacker came to the front of the bus and showed them he had cut off the victim's head, Caton said.

The bus had been carrying 37 passengers and the driver to Winnipeg from Edmonton.

At one point, Mounties surrounded the bus with one officer standing just a few feet away from an unidentified man sitting in the driver's seat.

A man was taken into custody after the standoff with police.

A portion of the Trans-Canada Highway, about 15 kilometres west of Portage la Prairie, remained closed Thursday morning.

Yellow tape surrounded the empty bus and RCMP officers were still on the scene. Traffic was being rerouted onto a side road.
    Only feebs vote.

Greyhound is always an adventure.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Re: Canadian Maniac Decapitates Fellow Passenger

Originally posted by Agathon
      ...just a random act of homicidal lunacy.
      The best kind of lunacy, imo.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Did the other 35 passengers think 1:35 odds was not good enough to go help?
        Last edited by Patroklos; July 31, 2008, 13:07.
        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
          Did the other 35 passengers thing 1:35 odds was not good enough to go help?
          Didn't you see that this was in Canada?
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

If it had happend in Texas, then the result would probably be something like this
            Attached Files
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I've felt tempted to do this many a time while riding the bus.

Comment

Was Asher sitting next to a Mac user?
                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Canada is awesome

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia

People here are very civilized.
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                    I had that very thought.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                      Did the other 35 passengers thing 1:35 odds was not good enough to go help?

You ever been on a Greyhound bus? It's extremely cramped. At best, two or three people might be able to gang up on the guy with the knife, and one or two of them would have to be going over seats. Not good odds to avoid being stabbed at all. ****, I wouldn't even have gone for the door. I would have gone through the window to get out.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I am on the lam, help me

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                        He was a Linux user. I saw his Kernel Hacking book and I couldn't take it.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Canada is awesome

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                          In general yes,

This bus was from Edmonton to Winnipeg -- certifiably #1 and #2 in the country when it comes to ****ing weirdos and nutjobs.
                          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Re: Re: Canada is awesome

Originally posted by Asher

In general yes,

This bus was from Edmonton to Winnipeg -- certifiably #1 and #2 in the country when it comes to ****ing weirdos and nutjobs.
                            That drive alone would drive somebody to violence
                            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Believe me, I've driven Calgary to Toronto several times now and by the time you get to Manitoba -- from either direction -- death would be quite welcome.

Comment

Working...
                              X