How would this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would this work?

It seems like a difficult thing to do, and also to prove. What is going on here?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Well, they could go the easy route, and assume that anyone with an iPod has illegal content on it, and send them all to jail. Solution, of course, is to buy non-iPod player.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

This is completely unenforceable. It also encourages people to be jackasses whenever they travel by moving all the illegal content from their mp3 players and laptops to cellphones, flash drives, external harddrives, CDs, etc.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It says mp3 players and laptops, it doesn't pinpoint iPods (I think it just refers to them as a popular example). I am going to assume that they will check cellphones also (as they can hold a lot of mp3s and play them).

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I've got a Sansa MP3 player on the way. A lot less than an ipod. Since it's black, I guess, the price is reduced $40 dollars.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I bought a Sansa e280 about a year and a half ago. What are you getting?
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Re: How would this work?

Originally posted by Jon Miller

It seems like a difficult thing to do, and also to prove. What is going on here?

JM
              search by Checksum,hash,name,etc. There are methods available, but all can be defeated. They'd also need to store the list of everyone that has legitimately purchased said song.

Comment

This is a monumentally stupid idea that will never happen.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I think it's a terrific idea to encourage terrorism and rampages.
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                    It says mp3 players and laptops, it doesn't pinpoint iPods (I think it just refers to them as a popular example). I am going to assume that they will check cellphones also (as they can hold a lot of mp3s and play them).

JM
                    Now, there's something I'd doubt. Where I'm from, atleast, we have something like phone privacy, or what one might call it. My phone might have illegal MP3's in it, but it will deffinately have personal info on it, messages, the lot. No way is any court going to let them rifle through my phone's memory, exposing my personal stuff, to search for few MP3's.

Atleast I hope so.
                    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

My laptop definitely has personal info in it...

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                      X