Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zkribbler
    Ironically, this seems to be an appropriate response:

"So he is correct even if it was probably the dumbest thing anyone could ever say." ... Theben
    It's a very versatile phrase like that.
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Good to hear that you are OK
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Oerdin may have been out looking at rocks.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Glad to hear you're okay
          Zkribbler

In Japan (Tokyo), they have civic centres where people can learn about how to prepare for earthquakes and other hazards such a fire (from kitchen) and smoke and glass.

From their experience more people died from the other effects of the earthquake than falling masonry.
          Just recently, in Japan, a man died being knocked down by a passing vehicle, when he tried to escape his building, during an earthquake..

I felt sorry for him.
          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

They say it's 5.4 now.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Glad you're OK, Zkrib.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

The point being California should have these centres too, if they don't have already.

Comment

We're pretty good at knowing what to do.

I remember in the Whittier Narrows Earthquake our only fatality was a surviver of the Managua Earthquake. He didn't realize how well our building are built and jump out of a window to his death. That was sad.

They say it's 5.4 now.
                  Bah! I don't believe that. This was too friggin' big for a mere 5.4. I'm still cleaning the poop out of the back of my underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                    We're pretty good at knowing what to do.

I remember in the Whittier Narrows Earthquake our only fatality was a surviver of the Managua Earthquake. He didn't realize how well our building are built and jump out of a window to his death. That was sad.

Bah! I don't believe that. This was too friggin' big for a mere 5.4. I'm still cleaning the poop out of the back of my underwear.
                    Ok understood. Take care.

Comment

BTW: Thanks to everyone for their good wishes.

Comment

Yipes! I just spotted two long aluminum panels that feel off the ceiling in the corridor outside my office. Someone had pushed them to the side, so I hadn't noticed them before.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                          Glad you're OK, Zkrib.
                          QFT
                          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Be safe, and that's an order!
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                            X