Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin
    At least they still have good steaks.
    Not really... you have to go to a proper steakhouse and pay out the rear for a good steak. The **** you find in the supermarkets here is, well, ****, even if you DO pay an arm and a leg. There aren't butchers inside the city proper anymore

I could get a much better steak for much less in New Mexico
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
      I think he's off to enjoy the time left before the turn on the LHC.
      You know your thread has convinced me that if nothing happens at the LHC, I should lobby relentlessly for a much bigger colider once I have my masters degree.
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

L H C??

Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
          L H C??

Large Hadron Colider on the Swiss-French border in Europe.

It's sciency and as such attracts fears of scientists toying with things they don't really understand and accidentaly destroying the world.

Petty minds! How dare they suggest science has limits!
          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I'm confused. Are you leaving, or are you leaving forever?

Comment

Oh don't worry, he's just leaving forever...
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Not really... you have to go to a proper steakhouse and pay out the rear for a good steak. The **** you find in the supermarkets here is, well, ****, even if you DO pay an arm and a leg. There aren't butchers inside the city proper anymore

I could get a much better steak for much less in New Mexico
                There was a meat market in Ravenswood that made great steaks, as well as pork/ chicken/ etc. You could go in there in the late morning and again early evening and they'd have just finished roasting a cut :yum: Descent prices too. Don't know if it's still there.
                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

You lousy ****ing ****, come back!

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    Oh don't worry, he's just leaving forever...
                    Well OK, maybe he did
                    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

well Blake left to a Monastery... I just left but am back after a few years hiatus... LS should have given some explanation
                      Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                      GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

He's on teh interwebs (teh facebook says so), he just doesn't like us anymore
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Couldn't find any official "I'm leaving" thread so I'm using this instead. Ever since teh departure of LordShiva and to a lesser extent, Wiglaf, OT is not the same. Topics have become very repetitive, drab, and overly serious. Without Shiva, OT is like bachelor's party without hookers and blow and instead you debate about campaign finance reform or something. Anyways, I might pop back in the future to see if anything has changed but right now OT seems like a broken record.

I will need someone to take up these vacant positions:

Anti-semitic flames
                          Bad poetry (I recommend Pekka)
                          Misleading polls

One final note, I encourage all of you to press the issue of Perfection's repressed gayness.

Goodnight and good luck.

Comment

Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                            GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Did he really post here?
                              Long time member @ Apolyton
                              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV

I will need someone to take up these vacant positions:

Bad poetry (I recommend Pekka)
                                Bah! You obviously haven't read my bad haiku over on the MZO Central site.

Comment

Working...
                                X