Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dauphin

Why would you think that?
    It's my inferiority complex; I think it complements Ashers' superiority complex quite well I think. Only problem is that I keep on thinking Wiglaf is a more productive poster than I am.
    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I never really had an opinion on the Iraq War (except insofar as I had fun trolling anti's for its own sake back in 2003), but I suppose reading some threads here steered me somewhat against it.

Other than that I don't think I've changed my mind on anything in the last decade except wanting a much less regressive skew to past and future tax cuts. Not sure how much that has to do with Poly though.
      Unbelievable!

Comment

Some of you (as well as some IRL) have convinced me that the US needs universal health care, when I was strongly opposed before.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Nope. Nada. Nothing...
          Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Lancer convinced me to eventually move to the Phils, when i retire.
            QFT

In 2000, I was thinking of switching to the Green Party. Shi Huangdi (fka Black Dragon) told me to look at the economic planks posted on their website. I didn't switch.

I've moderated my views on pro-choice and gun control.

Imran stamped out any vestiges of protectionism in me.

Comment

Donegeal has convinced me of everything.

Comment

Imran stamped out any vestiges of protectionism in me.

Glad to have you on board
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Difficult to say. When I registered here way back I was some ignorant kid that supported MWHCII's pro-death penalty rants (half trolling a bit too actually )

Now I'm completely the opposite.

There are some people here who think this place is packed with idiots... well you should see 99% of the other boards on teh internets then. The good thing is that usually people have their own opinion on matters, which is often lacking in many places / people (including real world)

Indirectly, over the years, discussions about a wide variety of topics influenced my mind, perception etc. somewhat. Perhaps only a bit, but even then... a bit huh
                  "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                  "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Also: it's a good place to hear about opinions from all over the world. That alone is valuable enough.
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Apolyton is where I learned of the Jewish Conspiracy to Make Gypsies Look Bad.
                      "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
                      "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
                      "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

I used to think people changed their minds based on discussions here, but now this thread has changed my mind about that.

Comment

Iraq, health insurance are a couple of examples.

Comment

Asher has taught me that there are some people who just hate you for no reason whatsoever.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

People on Apolyton have caused certain stances I hold to become slightly more nuanced, but no one has managed to change any real belief of mine.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Poly has changed my opinion about bananas
                                Blah

Comment

Working...
                                X