Teh Frampol Optimism Threadi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teh Frampol Optimism Threadi

Frampol is one of the smallest cities in Poland, only 1500 citizens.

The only important fact in its history was bombardment by Germany in the beginning of ww2: just like in ww1 with Kalisz, Germans wanted to test new fire bombs, and chose Frampol as the target
    In result, 90% of Frampol got destroyed, most of population killed. The Even today its population is half of the pre-war one. Yet, Frampol regained its city rights 15 years ago and is smiling:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Heresson; July 26, 2008, 22:31.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

You should love Frampol more than Mauritania now
      Middle East!

Comment

No!
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Thanks Herreson, I remembered reading about this event, did not remember hearing of town's name

Shame indeed
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Stubborn people. I like them.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
              Thanks Herreson, I remembered reading about this event, did not remember hearing of town's name

Shame indeed
              You probably heard about Kalisz incident of ww1, because it's much more reknown, for
              - Kalisz is the oldest city of Poland, and the only one mentioned in antiquity
              - it is much, much bigger than Frampol (used to be 50 000 before bombardement)
              - it was described by Maria Dabrowska, reknown polish writer.

I've never heard about Frampol incident, and only found it searching wikipedia for something else.
              Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                No!
                Attached Files
                Middle East!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson

You probably heard about Kalisz incident of ww1, because it's much more reknown, for
                    - Kalisz is the oldest city of Poland, and the only one mentioned in antiquity
                    - it is much, much bigger than Frampol (used to be 50 000 before bombardement)
                    - it was described by Maria Dabrowska, reknown polish writer.

I've never heard about Frampol incident, and only found it searching wikipedia for something else.
                    Probably so

A pure shame indeed

Trerrible events leading up to actual war itself, Genocide, often with no one to take up the plight of a lesser people

I remember being stationed in Euope in mid-late 1970's, "being" in locations that just 35 years before had been scenes of horrendous activities, makes you really thankful for not having been through it.

Gramps

Comment

Did I mention that in my home town, there's a filia (?) of Auschwitz-Birkenau? Nothing was built there for last half century, but some time ago I saw the wall of it destroyed, and I guess houses will be built here, it has good location, close to the city center, but close to the rural areas as well, far from industrial quaters etc. It was a matter of time something would be built there.
                      Middle East!

Comment

Did I mention that in my home town, there's a filia (?) of Auschwitz-Birkenau? Nothing was built there for last half century, but some time ago I saw the wall of it destroyed, and I guess houses will be built here, it has good location, close to the city center, but close to the rural areas as well, far from industrial quaters etc. It was a matter of time something would be built there.
                        What means filia?

Also, Auschwitz, as in death camp?

Comment

filia means, uh, "subsidiary"
                          All bigger concentration camps had local concentration camps as its subsidiaries. So yes.
                          Middle East!

Comment

filia means, uh, "subsidiary"
                            All bigger concentration camps had local concentration camps as its subsidiaries. So yes.
                            Not sure, but a people group, Jewish in this case, would have one or two responses, either completely demolish the site because of symbolic memories, or keep it, to remember those who perished as part of heinous genocide

Tough call, it hurts my heart to think of what this could mean to Jewish people.

I was terribly abused growing up and can remember just like yesterday what it felt like as it were happening and mine was a mere 38 or so years ago.

Thanks for this thread Herreson, off all the threads we at Poly do, its encouraging to read about this type, lest we forget what happens in the world

GT

Comment

I thought it's a French-American police unit.
                              Blah

Comment

Working...
                              X