For us who grew up loving LP's!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For us who grew up loving LP's!

Just recouping from surgery, watching VH-1 and listeninh while playing Civilization

Today, Fleetwood Mac

Man, step back, for me, trip to the 1970's

Smoking dope, alcoholism,Kicked out of my house as a troubled teen, living with outlaw Bikers, being on the edge, no means of fallback, dismal times, bleak times, hurtiongf times.....................

But as I listened to Fleetwood Mac's commentary, memories galore, I found strength.Not in Fleetwood Mac, but the songs brough vivid gushing tracks flooding me, where I was, what it meant in helping mold me

Songbird, Christine McVeigh was solemn

Crazy eyed Mick Fleetwood....

The Chain, loved that deeply

Christin McVeigh was saying on the show today, she could not understand where Stevie Nicks was coming from in her words...

It brought back many thoughts of those daze, words meant onething to one and another to someone else, The Chain to me is a great compliation of many individual parts.....

Its neat how this song, so popular, came to be..

I wore so many LP's out, so to speak, not broke them, but over and over, pick up the arm and reset to replay

Many here may not have interest in Fleetwood Mac, to me, excellent group of musicians

Oh Daddy..is another

Just sharing memories, funny, how we at one point see rain, fog,clouds,pain and then music draws your focus back to a point and you mature, take a fragment in time, and be thankful you made it through....

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

good times...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Elton John's Good Bye Yellow Brick Road

Wow, he has a special place in my heart and Soul

I have loved him for so long

Early Elton, who here had 45 rpms?

Crocodile Rock on one side was quite a hit, but my favored song was the flip side, anyone here remember what that song was?

Probably one of my top three Elton Songs.......

Just checking..not sure if you can Google it or not..but loved the 45's..had an older brother, two older sisters, so grew up listening to these all the time!

I am a huge favorite of British Rock

Comment

From Peter Green to Bob Welch to Stevie Nicks.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

LPs??

What is that?

LOL, we had 8-tracks with quadraphonic sound. And it was the ****z.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

So did we. LP's. Vinyl. Cover art.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Have a couple of 45's with Redbone and "Elton and Lennon" from 75 : I saw her standing there; Whatever gets you through the night and Lucy in the sky.

Further approx one meter of LP's - even my first Stormbringer with Deep Purple - barely playable
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
                LPs??

What is that?

LOL, we had 8-tracks with quadraphonic sound. And it was the ****z.
                You mean like these? The two tapes are AC/DC's "Highway to Censored", and the Beatles "Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band". I've also got a player and a recorder.

Wheres the Old Fogey smily when you need one?
                Attached Files

Comment

Oh, I love LPs! My dad has a huge collection which he next to never uses anymore, but I love it. I've borrowed 30 LPs of him, a small part of his collection, to my place, and bought a cheap player. Loads of enjoyment. Elton John, ELO, Alan Parson's Project, Gilbert O'Sullivan...... And the list goes on.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Oh yeah? My father still has 78's.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Primitive technologies
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Elton John's Good Bye Yellow Brick Road

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

Early Elton, who here had 45 rpms?

Crocodile Rock on one side was quite a hit, but my favored song was the flip side, anyone here remember what that song was?

Eldeberry Wine

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                          Oh yeah? My father still has 78's.

ACK!
                          Still remember The Ink Spots on 78

Comment

Summer has all my vinyl. She guards it like a junkyard dog.

Comment

Re: For us who grew up loving LP's!

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll
                              Just recouping from surgery, watching VH-1 and listeninh while playing Civilization
                              I know this is just the internets and the youth nowadays does not take any of it seriously,

But the time i have known you Gramps, I consider you to be a friend close to my heart.

Congrats on the recovery. You are the man.

and WTF is an LP?
                              Order of the Fly
                              Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X