Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it come with a side of Virgin Mary toast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it come with a side of Virgin Mary toast?

[q=http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7520149.stm]'Allah meat' astounds Nigerians

Diners have been flocking to a restaurant in northern Nigeria to see pieces of meat which the owner says are inscribed with the name of Allah.

What looks like the Arabic word for God and the name of the prophet Muhammad were discovered in pieces of beef by a diner in Birnin Kebbi.

He was about to eat it, when he suddenly noticed the words in the gristle, the restaurant owner said.

A search of the kitchen's meat revealed three more pieces which bore the names.

The meat was boiled and then fried before being served, owner Kabiru Haliru told newspaper Weekly Trust.

"When the writings were discovered there were some Islamic scholars who come and eat here and they all commented that it was a sign to show that Islam is the only true religion for mankind," he said.

The restaurant has kept the pieces of meat for visitors to see.

Thousands of people have already gone to the restaurant to see them since they were discovered last week.

A vet told the newspaper the words "defied scientific explanation".

"Supposing only one piece of meat was found then it would be suspicious, but given the circumstances there is no explanation," Dr Yakubu Dominic said. [/q]

THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Looks like a rock to me
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Wow. If that's all it takes...

I need to get a hold of the stamp that guy used.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

That's meat?
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Perhaps those fat and happy Nigerians have enough meat to waste on this sort of tripe, but there are starving people in Ohio who need that meat!
          "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

My first thought when I saw that story was:

"A Miracle has happened at a restaurant in Birnin Kebbi. Pilgrims have been flocking from miles around to witness it" (+1 +1 happy in city)

Comment

This should definitely be added to the random events table in CIV.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

This has nothing on the Jesus-face grilled cheese sandwich.
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

"When the writings were discovered there were some Islamic scholars who come and eat here and they all commented that it was a sign to show that Islam is the only true religion for mankind," he said.
                  Take that, Jedis!
                  Blah

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                    This has nothing on the Jesus-face grilled cheese sandwich.
                    Fundie.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That's meat?

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Looks like like old rusty metal
                        Blah

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro

Take that, Jedis!
                          The fools just can't interpret it correctly, the central part clearly depicts Luke in the Wampa cave
                          Attached Files
                          The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
                            Wow. If that's all it takes...

I need to get a hold of the stamp that guy used.
                            Greetings and peace be with you!

As the former Nigerian Minister of Agriculture, I desperately need your help securing Nigeria's Allah Beef Stamp. I have over $10,000,000 with which I can buy the stamp, which I will share with you; but first, I will need your assistance in a small matter...
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Re: Does it come with a side of Virgin Mary toast?

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              A search of the kitchen's meat revealed three more pieces which bore the names. [..]

A vet told the newspaper the words "defied scientific explanation".

"Supposing only one piece of meat was found then it would be suspicious, but given the circumstances there is no explanation," Dr Yakubu Dominic said.
                              If this vet applies the same thought processes to his work as this situation, I wouldn't take my animals -- if I had any -- anywhere near him for care.

Rather then, one piece of meat could be reasonably considered odd... more than that and I certainly have a plausible explanation: intentional by (some) restaurant staff.
                              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                              X